njskillz
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: player movement in ESPN Football

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

MedalofJack said:
Anyway, EA's NCAA 2004 has it down, they really have it down.

The #1 football game of 2004 will be NCAA 2004. I just can't see the pro games getting better and especially not "funner" than EA's college game. Madden will come close since it's still EA afterall.

I doubt it. I don't think anybody will be playing NCAA 2004 in 2004.

ESPN will probably have a college game by then hopefully. So EA just might have SOME comp on the college football front next year.

Kanobi,

Don't even worry about. Trying to change the minds of the Madden faithful is useless in these threads. I have found that you have to sit them down in front of a TV and point out the obvious. We can sit here until we are blue in the face and try to explain to them why the Sega game is THE MOST realistic football game out there but it's useless. I played Madden exclusively in 2002. NFL2K3 came out. That ended the fascination with the little kid game. Are the running animations in Madden and NCAA great? No doubt about it. But what let's talk about EVERYTHING else on the field as far as gameplay, atmosphere, etc. You touched on the tackling animations. It is really obvious. Unfortunately the Madden faithful are so tied to unrealistic player models, the amazing ability to throw the long ball with a WR tripled covered, etc. etc. You know, stuff that has been in Madden since the beginning of time. I recently bought NCAA 2004. Solid game until I put it head up against NFL2K3. Basically it's Checkers and Chess. A whole lot of people play checkers and a whole lot of people play chess. Chess is not for everyone. ANYONE can play Checkers.