Home

player movement in ESPN Football

This is a discussion on player movement in ESPN Football within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2003, 11:09 AM   #25
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: player movement in ESPN Football

I, too, have a gut feeling that when it's all said and done, NCAA will blow Madden and ESPN out of the water. Just like last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2003, 11:14 AM   #26
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

MedalofJack said:
Kanobi, I notice your really protective over Sega football aren't cha? It's all good, but IMO Sega, in order to compete they need to get this game to run smoother than it does.

I'm not protective. I just call the B.S. when I see it and when you said Sega should have focused more on the running than the tackle anims and presentation when Madden's tackles anims and presentation blows balls...that was B.S.

I also agreed with you that the Running anims Need work still but they are very much improved over 2k3.

As for the rest of your post about "gameflow"...thats another topic entirely.

Sorry to jump into the fight. But all MeatlofJack said was that instead of focusing on tackling and cut-scenes(which is fine by the way) they should work on the running game which I also agree with.

You jumped out of nowhere and start attacking Maddens tackling animations and presentation when no one even metioned Madden. And you're still attacking Madden for no apparent reason. I'm sure we can all agree that madden needs a touch up in those areas but 2K3 is in dire need of some running momentum. Which you agreed with, so I see no point in bringing Madden into the topic when nobody even metioned Madden.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:15 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

"when I see it and when you said Sega should have focused more on the running than the tackle anims and presentation when Madden's tackles anims and presentation blows balls...that was B.S."

Madden's tackling animations and presentation is farrrrrrr from blowing balls dude. It seems like you just hate the game because it's the undisputed champ for video football fans.

How can you say the tackling animations and prestentation suck in Madden? How TF can you say that!? That my friend is BS.

Old 07-22-2003, 11:36 AM   #28
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

MedalofJack said:
Anyway, EA's NCAA 2004 has it down, they really have it down.

The #1 football game of 2004 will be NCAA 2004. I just can't see the pro games getting better and especially not "funner" than EA's college game. Madden will come close since it's still EA afterall.

I doubt it. I don't think anybody will be playing NCAA 2004 in 2004.

ESPN will probably have a college game by then hopefully. So EA just might have SOME comp on the college football front next year.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:52 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

MedalofJack said:
They still wobble and look mechanical. Check out the movies on this site. This is one area Sega is having a tuff time with. Instead of all the fancy cut scenes and fancy tackling animations, they need to seriously work on the running animations instead.

so the game will have boring presentation and ultra-repetitive tackling anims like Madden. Man, PLEASE!

The running anims. while in need of work, are way smoother than 2k3's. Nothing should have been taken away from presentation and tackling though.

ESPN has 3 man DELAYED (Players pile on) gangtackles WITH Appropriate Stat Tracking...Solos, Assists, AND Half Sacks! Gimme that, Playa! That is SICK! PLUS the presentation is off the chain!

I agree the running needs more work but NOT at the expense of the excellent and groundbreaking work they've done with the tackling, presentation...and stat tracking as well.

Where'd you hear of 3-man pile up tackles? I hope you're right!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:00 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

MedalofJack said:
Anyway, EA's NCAA 2004 has it down, they really have it down.

The #1 football game of 2004 will be NCAA 2004. I just can't see the pro games getting better and especially not "funner" than EA's college game. Madden will come close since it's still EA afterall.

I doubt it. I don't think anybody will be playing NCAA 2004 in 2004.

ESPN will probably have a college game by then hopefully. So EA just might have SOME comp on the college football front next year.

Kanobi,

Don't even worry about. Trying to change the minds of the Madden faithful is useless in these threads. I have found that you have to sit them down in front of a TV and point out the obvious. We can sit here until we are blue in the face and try to explain to them why the Sega game is THE MOST realistic football game out there but it's useless. I played Madden exclusively in 2002. NFL2K3 came out. That ended the fascination with the little kid game. Are the running animations in Madden and NCAA great? No doubt about it. But what let's talk about EVERYTHING else on the field as far as gameplay, atmosphere, etc. You touched on the tackling animations. It is really obvious. Unfortunately the Madden faithful are so tied to unrealistic player models, the amazing ability to throw the long ball with a WR tripled covered, etc. etc. You know, stuff that has been in Madden since the beginning of time. I recently bought NCAA 2004. Solid game until I put it head up against NFL2K3. Basically it's Checkers and Chess. A whole lot of people play checkers and a whole lot of people play chess. Chess is not for everyone. ANYONE can play Checkers.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:00 PM   #31
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

MedalofJack said:
"when I see it and when you said Sega should have focused more on the running than the tackle anims and presentation when Madden's tackles anims and presentation blows balls...that was B.S."

Madden's tackling animations and presentation is farrrrrrr from blowing balls dude. It seems like you just hate the game because it's the undisputed champ for video football fans.

How can you say the tackling animations and prestentation suck in Madden? How TF can you say that!?

Maddens tackles for the most part aren't even tackles. The players don't even wrap up...they just collide with each other and fall down. The Collision detection is Poor. You have to wait until a Tackle is completely broken before you can help bring the ball carrier down. There's no momentum upon Impact. The Tackle anims are rediculously repetitive. Gang Tackling is a damn rarity and even when it does happen there are NO STATS for it!! Plus the anims themselves are rather silly...the "180lb CB Picks a 250lb RB off his feet and slams him" anim is weak as hell. The "I got shot In the Back" tackle is B.S.!

Hell Just the fact that I can Actuallly NAME the Madden Tackle anims tells how weak and reptitive they are. I thought It was very funny to see Madden Fans comment on the Madden Vids and say "I noticed a new Tackle in that Video"...thats proof how muched they sucked. If you start noticing and getting happy about one new tackle anim then that mean's the game is lacking!

I haven't seen too many new tackle anims in the Madden04 vids. There was one I saw where the same "Tackle and throw the guys leg to the side" anim happened on back to back plays. I've played games of Madden 03 where the same tackle anim happened on 3 straight Plays and that occured TWO times in the same Game!

So When I said the tackle anims in Madden Blow Balls, they indeed Blow Balls and they Blow even more when compared to NFL2k/ESPN.

Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2003, 12:30 PM   #32
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

they indeed Blow Balls and they Blow even more when compared to NFL2k/ESPN.

Now thats a valid statment. But I dont mind Maddens tackling. Sure they've got some weak ones but tackling in 2K3 without momentum was a completely unrealistic experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »