View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 11:21 PM   #14
zappa55
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: All these Innovations and Sega always forgets about...

Quote:

prezken said:
Apparently, very few around here remember the old Front Page Sports series from Sierra. They implemented the perfect accelerated clock feature. When you picked your play it would randomly tick down to about 15 seconds and send you back onto the field. To this day it is still one of the best sims you will ever play. It also had the best play editor ever by a far margin. You could even cause delayed patterns & handoffs to the tenth of a second and etc.. It also was the first game that I know of to implement a franchise, back in 1996. Ahh, I hate sierra for what they did to quite possibly the best football series of all-time.

Depending on the situation of the game would depend on how much the play clock would run down. If your down 3 with 2 mins left it won't run down but if you are up 15 with 2 mins left it will run down. The play clock also runs down while on defense. I suggest someone at Sega or VC take a look at Sierra's Front Page Sports Football for some ideas. It was the greatest football game ever. It still would be if it was released on other systems.