View Single Post
Old 11-29-2003, 03:31 AM   #13
Cardot
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Perpetual late season swoon??

The "CPU adjusts" argument sounds nice, but I'm not buying it. I have had mediocre seasons in which my record in the second half of the season was equal or better than the first half. However, when my team gets off to a nice start, it seems that the CPU decides my record is a little better than it should be, and it is time to clamp down.

Most of the games I lose are plausable, but some of the more questionable defeats are noticable by repeated occurances of the following uncontrollable events; timely penalties, dropped passes on 3rd down and the favorite move of all football game CPU's, the fumble in the critical situation.

I am all for the CPU figuring out what I am going to do and calling the right play. But when I watch the replay's of my most disasterous events, it gets suspicious. CPU DE's brush aside double teams to get in my QB's face with 8 defenders dropping back into coverage. CPU WR's pancaking my linebackers and CPU RB's with even more absurd breaking of tackles than usual.

After a loss or two, these things suddenly stop happening. Perahps it is just bad luck. Hopefully with more playing time I will change my mind, but to this point, it definately seems that the difficulty is adjusted based upon my teams record.