Old 11-29-2003, 09:06 AM   #14
KingV2k3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Perpetual late season swoon??

Quote:

Cardot said:
The "CPU adjusts" argument sounds nice, but I'm not buying it. I have had mediocre seasons in which my record in the second half of the season was equal or better than the first half. However, when my team gets off to a nice start, it seems that the CPU decides my record is a little better than it should be, and it is time to clamp down.

Most of the games I lose are plausable, but some of the more questionable defeats are noticable by repeated occurances of the following uncontrollable events; timely penalties, dropped passes on 3rd down and the favorite move of all football game CPU's, the fumble in the critical situation.

I am all for the CPU figuring out what I am going to do and calling the right play. But when I watch the replay's of my most disasterous events, it gets suspicious. CPU DE's brush aside double teams to get in my QB's face with 8 defenders dropping back into coverage. CPU WR's pancaking my linebackers and CPU RB's with even more absurd breaking of tackles than usual.

After a loss or two, these things suddenly stop happening. Perahps it is just bad luck. Hopefully with more playing time I will change my mind, but to this point, it definately seems that the difficulty is adjusted based upon my teams record.

This has been my EXACT experience in franchise mode several times...thanks for the succinct description...