View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 09:09 PM   #67
GTheorenHobbes
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

Wish the light bulb would turn on for you Erratic, but you will never understand what we are saying until you understand the way ESPN's passing game works. My advise to a Madden player is don't touch the stick at all and let the CPU handle the drop back for you. A properly timed pass (if the guy is open) is to get rid of the ball as soon as the QB does his "bounce." In Madden, the QB does his bounce and then still has plenty of time to throw. In ESPN, if you're still holding onto the ball, look out or be prepared to use the "QB evade" button.

I know it seems to you like we're blindly defending the game. And I guess we are, since we know how the game works. And to be honest with you, ESPN's system mirrors the real NFL a helluva lot more in this respect than Madden, IMO. If you spend a lot of time with the game and get a feel for it, I'm pretty sure you'll see what we mean.

And then you'll be stuck "blindly defending" ESPN right along with us to other Madden fans who haven't yet seen the light.