Home

NBA 2K14 Makes You Lebron, Path to Greatness Mode Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Makes You Lebron, Path to Greatness Mode Details within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #17
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K14 Makes You Lebron, Path to Greatness Mode Details

I'm being honest. I don't care for this mode at all.....now the Jordan challenge from 2k11 was the big cheese ! Still play it once and while to this very day, almost 3 years later.

I'd much would've rather of had a Lebron type "Jordan challenge" than this.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #18
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

So he leaves the Heat to go to another big 3 make it 4 cheat team. Mode would be to easy and I see no point in playing. Straight up for the casuals. I'm a Lebron fan and I want to put him on the Cavs, Magic, Bobcats....you know a team that isn't crazy stacked. Hell that roster they showed has to be way over salary cap.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
They should've just done a jordan challenge type mode. LeBron has had so many great moments in his career. Imagine reliving his 48 point game where he scored 29 of his team's last 30 points in 2007 against the Pistons...or his 45 point game facing elimination against the Celtics.

As it is now, this mode likely won't be much different than just placing LeBron on the Knicks roster and doing a quick game...
That sounds good...they could've even of had the "no headband lebron game" from this years finals.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

My assumption that it was essentially going to be a LBJ MyPlayer or another MJ Greatest Moments mode was actually what turned me off about the mode....

This sounds interesting and fun to play
Old 09-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
I don't care about playing as LeBron, i want to know about MyCareer, it's all I play and the lack of news is worrying me.
There are some interesting tidbits about the Lebron mode that could have implications for My Career.

With the focus on developing a realistic(ish) NBA years in the future, one would hope that they have improved the rookie and developmental logic for both Association and My Player. I always stop those modes in year 2 or 3 because, after that, the league fills up with rookies and sophomores with 80ish rankings, and the games just become silly.

Of course, if the rosters in the mode are heavily scripted, then none of that applies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
My assumption that it was essentially going to be a LBJ MyPlayer or another MJ Greatest Moments mode was actually what turned me off about the mode....

This sounds interesting and fun to play
This is essentially an LBJ My Player mode, though it's pretty clear it won't be as repetitive...at least they made storylines for each game. Regardless, once it comes down to it....this is a LeBron My Player/Creating a Legend.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

look at the gameplay videos its more like a fantasy association centered around Lebron.

The video from IGN shows the player controlling everyone in 5 vs. 5. I thought it would be like myplayer
Old 09-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
This is essentially an LBJ My Player mode, though it's pretty clear it won't be as repetitive...at least they made storylines for each game. Regardless, once it comes down to it....this is a LeBron My Player/Creating a Legend.
So is going to Manage Rosters and switching players around= My Team?

Think yall are reaching with that whole idea...we can essentially say this about any mode if we try hard enough....

Is The Association just season mode with some player roles etc.?

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-13-2013 at 01:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »