Home

WHat does H/9 K/9 BB/9 and HR/9

This is a discussion on WHat does H/9 K/9 BB/9 and HR/9 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
WHat does H/9 K/9 BB/9 and HR/9

I know what they stand for Hits/9 Strikes/9 Balls/9 and Home Runs/9 but i dont know what it means in detail.

So i would really aprreciate if someone was willing to explain what each ofthose attributes mean in detail it would be greatly appreciated

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WHat does H/9 K/9 BB/9 and HR/9

Its like how many you give up in 9 innings. The higher the number the less hits/walks/home runs you give up. But increasing strikeouts will let you k more batters.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

The in-game strategy guide has some descriptions of those attributes I believe.

But in short, it works against hitter's attribute:

Contact = H/9
Power = HR/9
Vision = K/9
Discipline = BB/9

So for example, high H/9 pitcher can neutralize a high-Contact hitter's ability make solid contact and vice versa.

I believe Discipline works a bit differently (since a high discipline hitter wouldn't make pitcher have worse pitch command for that at bat... if that were the case the game wouldn't be realistic), but the idea is similar.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
The in-game strategy guide has some descriptions of those attributes I believe.

But in short, it works against hitter's attribute:

Contact = H/9
Power = HR/9
Vision = K/9
Discipline = BB/9

So for example, high H/9 pitcher can neutralize a high-Contact hitter's ability make solid contact and vice versa.

I believe Discipline works a bit differently (since a high discipline hitter wouldn't make pitcher have worse pitch command for that at bat... if that were the case the game wouldn't be realistic), but the idea is similar.
Do you know if the per 9 attributes affect played games or is that just in simming?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Do you know if the per 9 attributes affect played games or is that just in simming?
In simmed games, they are the main drivers of the player performance. In regular gameplay, they still do but they are not the only factors... like for pitchers individual pitch attributes also factor in. But I think they still are fairly dominant factors when I look at how they perform in CPU vs. CPU games and look at their attributes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
In simmed games, they are the main drivers of the player performance. In regular gameplay, they still do but they are not the only factors... like for pitchers individual pitch attributes also factor in. But I think they still are fairly dominant factors when I look at how they perform in CPU vs. CPU games and look at their attributes.
And the higher the slider is, the more control the Pitcher has over the attribute.... Correct?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
And the higher the slider is, the more control the Pitcher has over the attribute.... Correct?
I think sliders are more complicated... for example Contact slider, according to the in-game description, is not just a modifier for Contact attribute but also affect timing as well as discipline. The majority of sliders don't really give you a way to fine tune how player attributes work in the game individually (something like Power is what it is I guess). They are mostly for balancing the gameplay, not for modifying attributes.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
I think sliders are more complicated... for example Contact slider, according to the in-game description, is not just a modifier for Contact attribute but also affect timing as well as discipline. The majority of sliders don't really give you a way to fine tune how player attributes work in the game individually (something like Power is what it is I guess). They are mostly for balancing the gameplay, not for modifying attributes.

OK, Wait! Im confused. I think we might be talking about 2 different things.

In reference to Pitchers attributes only. Not Human sliders or Batters sliders.

The higher an individual pitcher's H/9 slider is, the more control he has over it OR the less likely the opposing batter will get a hit off of him.
The higher his K/9 slider is, the more control he has over K's, OR the more likely he is to pitch strikeouts.

Thats how I understand them.

Is this accurate? Or am I totally lost?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »