Home

#H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
#H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

HAIL TO PITT... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty

Game: NCAA Football 14
Platform: Xbox 360
Rosters: Cajunomics Base Xbox 360 2016-17 Roster w/ Minor Edits
Sliders: OS Community + Playmaker Sliders (First 1.5 Seasons)/JKits Sliders (Season 2-Current)
Quarters: 10 Mins
Scheduling: Following real out of conference opponents unless I progress ahead to a point where there are unsheduled games.
Offseason: To add uncertainty to player progression, 8 players will be randomly selected by random.org via jersey number, and then randomly have 1-10 selected from random.org to be the overall points they lose that offseaosn. 2 players will selected in the same manner, but will progress by the generated number of overall points.

Recruiting Rules
- I may only apply as many recruiting upgrades to my coach as equal to 2x the number of wins that I had in the previous season. A down year will then mean tougher recruiting in the following season.
- Players in pipelines states who are 3* or lower may be scouted one time at 50%. No scouting of 4* or 5* players until they are signed or lost. Then they will be legitimate gems/busts once they are scouted after the fact. Any player may be scouted in the offseason signing period.
- I can only sign enough players to fill in my 70 roster spots when I lose seniors, plus any available spots from transfers/players leaving early. Then I can't overstock top talent and cut guys who were already on the team.
- Scholarship offers may only be given in an equal amount to the number of open scholarships. If there will be 10 scholarships available, then only 10 offers can be made total, until one of the ten offers signs with a different school.
- Anyone added to the recruiting board after the season begins has to have Pitt at least in their top 10. (Does not include preseason).
- The recruiting board may not be modified (players removed). Players may be added to the recruiting board once a target commits to another school and frees up a board space.
- Only ONE player may have the maximum 700 points assigned to them in any given week. All other recruits must have no more than 600 points assigned.
- Only ONE ATH may be signed in any year's recruiting class.
- All CPU signed walk ons must be cut that take the roster total past 70. Ideally all walk ons should be cut, but any under the roster maximum may be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Players who are +1000 on the field in recruiting are considered to be verbal commits (mainly for use in dynasty writing, not that they actually are).
- Try and stay in typical Pitt pipelines (PA, OH, FL, NJ, NY) unless player is interested in Pitt right from start of season.
-10 to 15 custom recruits will be created in a given class that are "high profile/overall" recruits. At maximum, I may only add ONE of these recruits to my board, only if they have initial interest in Pitt as a Top 5 school.
- Once a player signs, I must use 50% scouting on them in consecutive weeks to see how their ratings turn out. This allows me to both know what I signed, as well as takes points away from my recruiting board for that week. I must also use 50% scouting on players on the board that sign for the CPU.

Team Rules
- Player can only be redshirted if they would not play in real life scenario and will not be on my 2 deep depth chart.
- Can't redshirt anyone who comes in as a 5* prospect, must play them in some capacity.
- Can't redshirt any JUCO signing.
- Must sign a weak (1*) TE prospect to stay on the roster for 4 years as the long snapper.
- Players requesting to transfer will be allowed to leave unless they are supposed to be a starter in the upcoming season, then they can attempt to be convinced.
- Players leaving for the NFL draft will be allowed to leave.

Gameplay Rules
- Must choose 90% of offensive/defensive plays from the "Ask Coach" selection screen to allow for input of "coordinators" but can choose plays in crucial situations as desired (much like a head coach might)
- Must choose one player pre-snap on defense (can be any position) and must play the duration of the play as that player
- Only allowed to use quick audibles (4 audible choices from plays in the same formation) pre-play, no use of predefined audibles
- Hot routes are only eligible to be used if the starting QB is a multi-year starter or a senior with AWR above 85.
- Read option plays may only be used a maximum of 5 times per half, and 2 times on one single drive. (Does not include regular options)
- If the CPU is attempting a long field goal with a weak kicker, I must use FG Return and catch the miss, returning it to my own 20 yard line to simulate a punt touchback.
- I must use my offensive coordinator's preferred playbook. In season one with the OC, it needs to be default. In subsequent seasons, the playbook can be modified to include new custom formations and plays.
- Do not use any coordinator or head coach gameplay skill trees.

Miscellaneous Rules
- Injury ratings are edited down to allow for more injuries to user players.

I can't wait to get this started! I have actually created Pitt using TeamBuilder so that we can have a close replica of the new Pitt jerseys as we return back to the Script. This will be a video dynasty, which will use many of the same types of features as the other fantastic dynasties on here, but I will present them in manageable Sportscenter recap type videos. I hope that you guys enjoy this as much as I am going to! Let me know what you think and all feedback is always appreciated.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey

Last edited by moose141; 05-28-2020 at 09:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #2
MVP

moose141's Arena

Re: #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Football History and Records

Retired Numbers
1 | 13 | 33 | 42 | 65 | 73 | 75 | 79 | 89 | 99

First Season: 1890
All-Time Record: 704-515-42 (pre-Dynasty)
All-Time Win %: 55.8% (pre-Dynasty)
Bowl Record: 13-19 (pre-Dynasty)
National Championships: 9 claimed
First Team All-Americans: 88 (pre-Dynasty)
Heisman Winners: 1 (Tony Dorsett, 1976)

Record Versus Rivals (pre-Dynasty)
Penn State - Penn State leads 50-42-4 (Won Last 1 Game)
West Virginia - Pitt leads 61-40-3 (Lost Last 3 Games)
Notre Dame - Notre Dame leads 48-21-1 (ND Won Last 1 Game)
Syracuse - Pitt leads 37-31-3 (Won Last 3 Games)

Individual Records (pre-Dynasty)

Passing
Passing Yards (Game) - Pete Gonzalez (1997 vs. Rutgers) - 470 yards
Passing Yards (Season) - Rod Rutherford (2003) - 3,679 yards
Passing Yards (Career) - Alex Van Pelt (1989-92) - 11,267 yards
Passing Touchdowns (Game) - Pete Gonzalez (1997 vs. Rutgers) - 7
Passing Touchdowns (Season) - Dan Marino/Rod Rutherford (1981/2003) - 37
Passing Touchdowns (Career) - Dan Marino (1979-82) - 79
Rushing
Rushing Yards (Game) - Tony Dorsett (1975 vs. Notre Dame) - 303 yards
Rushing Yards (Season) - Tony Dorsett (1976) - 2,150 yards
Rushing Yards (Career) - Tony Dorsett (1973-76) - 6,526 yards
Rushing Touchdowns (Game) - Norman Bill Budd (1910 vs. Ohio) - 6
Rushing Touchdowns (Season) - James Conner (2014) - 26
Rushing Touchdowns (Career) - Tony Dorsett (1973-76) - 58
Receiving
Receptions (Game) - Harry Orsuzulak (1968 vs. Penn State) - 16
Receptions (Season) - Larry Fitzgerald (2003) - 92
Receptions (Career) - Tyler Boyd (2013-15) - 254
Receiving Yards (Game) - Dietrich Jells (1994 vs. West Virginia) - 225 yards
Receiving Yards (Season) - Larry Fitzgerald (2003) - 1,672 yards
Receiving Yards (Career) - Tyler Boyd (2013-15) - 3,361 yards
Receiving Touchdowns (Game) - Three Players Tied - 4
Receiving Touchdowns (Season) - Larry Fitzgerald (2003) - 22
Receiving Touchdowns (Career) - Larry Fitzgerald (2002-03) - 34
Defense
Total Tackles (Career) - Arnie Weatherington (1973-1976) - 477
Sacks (Game) - Dewayne Hendrix (2017 vs. Penn State) - 3.0*
Sacks (Season) - Zeke Gadson (1987) - 24.5
Sacks (Career) - Hugh Green (1977-1980) - 49.0
Interceptions (Game) - Four Players Tied - 3
Interceptions (Season) - Bob Jury (1976) - 10
Interceptions (Career) - Bob Jury (1974-77) - 21
* - Record Broken in Dynasty

Dynasty Season by Season Results
2016: 12-2, ACC Coastal Champion, Won Peach Bowl
2017: 8-5, Lost Music City Bowl
2018: 12-2, ACC Champion, Lost Orange Bowl (CFP Semi)
2019: 11-3, ACC Champion, Lost Fiesta Bowl (CFP Semi)
2020: 13-2, ACC Champion, Won Rose Bowl (CFP Semi), Lost CFP National Championship
2021: 9-4, Lost Russell Athletic Bowl

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United

Last edited by moose141; 01-26-2021 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope it's ok to post, if not feel free to delete. Love the hype video to start. Great season and game breakdown. Looks good so far, I'll be following
Old 01-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #4
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderAid89
I hope it's ok to post, if not feel free to delete. Love the hype video to start. Great season and game breakdown. Looks good so far, I'll be following
Yes, sorry for not stating, but anybody can feel free to post at this point! Thanks for the follow much appreciated!

Old 01-14-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Being from the Pittsburgh area, its hard not to follow even though Pitt isn't exactly my favorite haha. I LOVE that you're implementing the script uni's because I love me some Pitt script though.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2017, 01:20 AM   #6
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
Being from the Pittsburgh area, its hard not to follow even though Pitt isn't exactly my favorite haha. I LOVE that you're implementing the script uni's because I love me some Pitt script though.
Haha, are you a Stater then unfortunately? Yeah, I had to go with the Script! Took me ages to get the team set up and created and all that, but it was well worth it no doubt, it looks gorgeous on the field, so I can't wait to show you guys the opening game.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:41 PM   #7
MVP

moose141's Arena

Episode #1: SEASON 1 PREVIEW + MARSHALL PREVIEW!

Season 1 (2016), Game 1 Recap: Pitt (0-0) vs. Marshall (0-0)

Intro (00:00-01:23)
Game Highlights (01:23-06:56)
Final Game Stats/Summary (06:56-08:29)

Last edited by moose141; 09-14-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:01 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Haha, are you a Stater then unfortunately? Yeah, I had to go with the Script! Took me ages to get the team set up and created and all that, but it was well worth it no doubt, it looks gorgeous on the field, so I can't wait to show you guys the opening game.
I'm not a die hard PSU fan by any means but I definitely like them more than Pitt. I do respect them and want them to win for the good of PA football and keeping recruits in the area. And who doesn't love James Conner? Haha I just grew up in a home where there was never really a favorite school so I just love college football more than anything.

Just watched your first game, and love everything. Hobestly, everything about it was great man, keep it up.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)

Last edited by Bigsheen; 01-16-2017 at 01:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »