Home

Higher Defensive Sliders Equals To More Fouls In Game 2K22

This is a discussion on Higher Defensive Sliders Equals To More Fouls In Game 2K22 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2022, 12:37 AM   #1
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Higher Defensive Sliders Equals To More Fouls In Game 2K22

So I think after reading through many posts here and hours of testing I think I've found the best slider only solution for the lack of foul calls. I've actually seen a couple of flagrant fouls and a clear path foul using this philosophy with default rosters, as well as bonus situations for both teams often. I've seen a nice mix of contested makes, blocks, misses, and And 1s. Also since the defensive sliders are maxed I am seeing animations I haven't seen before like players being knocked over after shots and a lot of shooting fouls, like a lot of shooting fouls with dudes falling down and all. Here are the things I changed up from the slider sets I use:

1. Defensive sliders from Driving Contact Frequency all the way down to Jump Shot Defense Strength need to be maxed out to 100 for both teams. Still not sure if Help Defense has any impact. Mine is at 100.

2. Man I'm here to tell y'all some of these sliders are really weird. Shot Coverage Impact needs to be lowered because if you leave this around default or higher it is too difficult to make contested shots, but here is where it gets strange. At higher values contested shots are harder, but open shots are much easier than default! I don't understand what 2K was doing here, but lowering this slider will make contested shots easier, but uncontested shots will be even easier than those, but not gimmes, if you all can follow me. This is what we want, not impossible contested shots and automatic open shots. Also the number you end up at will all depend on the slider set you use, skill level, shot meter on or off, use of real field goal percentage and what field goal percentages you are seeing in your testing. In my case anything from around 18-3 works well. I set the same number for myself and the CPU. If lowering this slider doesn't do enough to help the offense on both teams you then need to mess around with the Shot Timing slider. Just be careful if you decide to raise the Shot Success sliders because this will make all shots easier, including open shots.

3. There seems to be a connection with the Defensive Awareness slider also. When it is at 0 I see fouls, but almost no shooting fouls. Just regular fouls and fouls on drives. When this is around default or higher I also see a ton of shooting fouls from all over the court mid range and I have had 3 point plays for and against me several times. I still need to play around with this more.

4. Under Tendencies Go For On Ball Steals should be maxed out. All Foul sliders maxed. Also as the USER we should be going for steals, especially in double team situations same as the CPU. This is part of the reason why they have a hard time getting to the bonus. Actively going for steals with this slider maxed out is nice risk vs reward, more steals and plus more fouls.

5. When the game starts and your first time on defense press right on the D pad and then right trigger until you see your defensive playstyle. Select Play Physical. I believe this can be set up under coaching options in the pause menu but I just do this in game on defense all my coach crap is on Auto

6. Still testing the Contest Shots slider to see how it synergizes with all of this. If yours is anywhere south or north of default your results may vary. Mine is close to default for now. I'm also not sure how Body Up Sensitivity plays into this, but I don't think it does much at all. What I've noticed is when this is very low the ball handlers get knocked off the ball much too easy and lose the ball a lot. I have mine set to around 90. As mentioned I don't see a correlation with that slider and fouls.

I was wondering why EccentricMeat's sliders were giving me the best results when it came to foul calls. The reason why is his Defensive sliders are dog on close to being maxed out anyway. This gave me the base to jump into this further because I noticed how differently his sliders played to almost anyone else's I tried.

Credit to EccentricMeat here and ShadyMike from YouTube. I'm new to the game so their work lead me to find some of these things out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2022, 02:39 AM   #2
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Re: Higher Defensive Sliders Equals To More Fouls In Game 2K22

So I think the code is cracked after using the above methods and turning down Defensive Consistency to 0 for both teams. I just need other ppl to try these things out for feedback. The shooting percentages are off due to the defensive sliders being maxed out, but I know just tweaking the Shot Success sliders will fix this. Layups and close shots open and contested are good, just need to work on mid and 3 pt range. Look at the free throws and team fouls I saw every type of foul in the game except over the back and flagrant. Felt like that playoff game the other night except I had the Clippers and won.

Notice here both teams in the bonus in the 4th quarter with little more than 2 min left. Clippers were in the bonus much earlier.

Foul trouble finally! Russell fouled out with about 8 minutes left in the 4th. PG and Jackson ate him up. KAT killed me though.

Zu and Morris had issue dealing with KAT.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

This looks promising. So Defensive Awareness, Driving Contact Frequency and Jump Shot Defense Strength need to be increased while Defensive Consistency needs to be lowered or 0? Can you post your sliders please?
Old 04-14-2022, 05:37 PM   #4
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpreyes
This looks promising. So Defensive Awareness, Driving Contact Frequency and Jump Shot Defense Strength need to be increased while Defensive Consistency needs to be lowered or 0? Can you post your sliders please?
Yes that is what I'm doing. The sliders I'm using right now are PopBoy's AllStar set with the changes mentioned in the first post and a few other changes that don't impact fouls. Pretty much what I mentioned seems to be the only things that impact fouls, so I think any slider set would work, but would need to be tweaked. Finding the right balance with shooting percentages is taking some work.

Just finished this game and although the CPU lagged behind in the foul shot department the changes seem to still be really positive compared to the 4-7 team fouls I would see when I first started playing this game. Plus I'm getting closer to nailing down the shooting percentages. Dinwiddie fouled out in the 4th. Considering these are default rosters I'm happy with this. Now I think a 10-15 point increase in the Foul and Hard Foul tendency and the same increase in Draw Fouls attribute would give a good result in league play without wrecking the sim stats.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 04-14-2022 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:55 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

So just raise all the defense sliders to a 100 and I'll get more fouls? Its that simple?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2022, 10:57 PM   #6
Just started!

And cant you please show me your shot succes sliders?
Old 04-27-2022, 01:51 AM   #7
Rookie

Just tried these sliders, but I got very much a different experience. Rather than fouls, both teams played nightmarishly stifling defense. Through three quarters, the opposing team was shooting 22% from the field despite having favorable shooting chance sliders and my team being okay at defense (no silver, gold, or HOF defensive badges). My team wasn't much better (41% shooting). Attempting any shot within 3 feet of the hoop was hopeless. Teams combined for just 10 fouls.

Gonna keep tweaking the sliders, but I'm not sure what went wrong.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpreyes
I lowered defensive awareness and defensive consistency to around ~15, my team can sometimes force the CPU team to get 5+ fouls in a 6 minute game. CPU not as good at drawing fouls though.

I am trying to figure out the go for on-ball steal slider vs play passing lanes. Maxing both out gave me nothing so I decided to max out the latter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »