Home

Luke Elvy appears to confirm PGA2k23 coming in August in radio interview

This is a discussion on Luke Elvy appears to confirm PGA2k23 coming in August in radio interview within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2022, 07:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Luke Elvy appears to confirm PGA2k23 coming in August in radio interview

Luke Elvy did a radio interview today, and when talking about his plans for this year, he said "I'm still the voice of the PGA Golf video game, which is coming out in August" (!!)

I had to listen to it twice but it sure sounds like he said August. I saw this link and someone pointing it out of the pga2k thread on reddit. Here's a link to the interview, he says it shortly after 42:00

https://www.sportsnet.ca/960/boomer-...v-golf-series/

I sure hope he's right, but it really seems like a very short marketing/tease window since it's mid June now. If he's right, I'm sure he wasn't supposed to say anything about a release date! And, if true, we should start getting some info and hype on it very soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2022, 07:55 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Luke Elvy appears to confirm PGA2k23 coming in August in radio interview

I think there's every chance that it is coming at the same time as 2K21, but the defections to LIV Golf have held up any announcements until they knew which players they'd be able to use.

Might end up being a low roster of real life Pros (playable or non-playable) at launch given a few that were in 2K21 that will now likely not be part of the game.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:18 AM   #3
Rookie

DoctorGoodjob's Arena

From what I was reading their games always come out in August so it makes sense that we might get some info right before the US Open? Fingers crossed.

I picked up 2K21 last week since it was on sale and I was curious how the TGC guys were doing with 2K... Haven't put it down since. I forgot how fun it was to struggle but fight for a Round of +1 on a tough course in their games.
Old 06-12-2022, 05:28 PM   #4
Pro

2K wouldn’t be foolish enough to release a game so soon. They need at least anther 1-2 years to switch to a decent engine & try release a decent finished product for a change.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:01 PM   #5
Pro

I'll happily take an upgrade to what they have now in August, with some new courses, a working scoreboard, and hopefully slightly better graphics and crowds, even if it's still on Unity. They can release the next gen one 2 years from now.

Whatever they put out in August has to be a more polished version of 2k21, which I love and still play often in spite of it's problems. We'll get a next gen game from EA in the spring. All good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2022, 07:03 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
a working scoreboard
One would hope
Old 06-12-2022, 07:06 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
One would hope

Introducing PGA2K23 featuring all new career features such as a working scoreboard!

Sorry 2K fans. 🤪
Old 06-13-2022, 10:05 AM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
Introducing PGA2K23 featuring all new career features such as a working scoreboard!

Sorry 2K fans. 🤪
So do you have inside skinny that we won't have a working scoreboard in 2K23? We've got one that can see into the future in 2K21. If you're playing with a ghost player, it will show you there score up to 8 holes ahead of the hole you're currently playing with them!?

I've learned over the years to turn my head away from the screen when the leaderboard is shown between holes, so as to not spoil the drama of what's unfolding in real time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »