Home

For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix)

This is a discussion on For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix) within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 02:43 PM   #9
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason324
It's a corrupted file. (atleast from what i can tell)

This time i went back and uploaded each song individually, everything was great until i uploaded the 5th song.

But here's something interesting... i rechecked my meta data on those 5 files and noticed that the 4 songs that did work had no track number while the one that caused it to crashed was labeled "1 / __ ". So maybe having a track number in the meta data could also be a problem.

If you were able to upload 90 files then that kinda rules out the batch theory and i too was able to upload 2 songs together on my first try.

I'll keep playing and resetting until i figure it out. I'll continue to report on here throughout the day just in case anyone else is having the same problem.

I'm at work, but tonight when I get home I'm going to look at the files on my external drive (the ones that I uploaded) versus the batch that contained the corrupted file and see if I notice anything that stands out. It would be ideal if it were that obvious and avoidable once we know what to look for.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I'm at work, but tonight when I get home I'm going to look at the files on my external drive (the ones that I uploaded) versus the batch that contained the corrupted file and see if I notice anything that stands out. It would be ideal if it were that obvious and avoidable once we know what to look for.
Yep, it's the track number that's causing it... either that or something inside the meta data.

Anyway, i reupload the 5 files again, individually. I removed the track number from the "corrupted file" and it worked. I did that for all 15 tracks and reuploaded all in a single batch with success. I imported the music from both a mac and a pc just to make sure it wasn't that.

I use Mp3Tag to edit my meta data on pc and Wondershare TidyMyMusic for Mac. Mp3Tag on PC does seem to have more meta data options.

For the meta data all i added was:

- Title
- Artist
- Album
- Year
- Genre

I left the following blank
- Track (this seemed to be the problem)
- Comment
- Album Artist
- Composer
- Discnumber

I also added cover art. All ranging from 300x300 pixels to 1500 x 1500 pixels. So size of artwork doesn't seem to be a problem.

Thank god lol, will keep playing with it and adding more... but so far this is what worked for me. I also followed your steps first (delete mlb the show, reinstall update, install game, shutdown, etc.)

Check for yourself, see if that works... and thanks again dude!

Last edited by jason324; 03-30-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:33 PM   #11
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

That's solid news - means that while they hopefully fix the underlying issue, in the meantime it's possible to avoid the issue with some careful monitoring of the metadata on the files. Hopefully people stumble upon this if they have that issue.

I'll probably try adding files that way moving forward. When you added new files, did you do anything special with the old ones (ie removing them from the drive before importing new, leaving them on, etc)? Just want to avoid a lengthy reinstall if I can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 05:44 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
That's solid news - means that while they hopefully fix the underlying issue, in the meantime it's possible to avoid the issue with some careful monitoring of the metadata on the files. Hopefully people stumble upon this if they have that issue.

I'll probably try adding files that way moving forward. When you added new files, did you do anything special with the old ones (ie removing them from the drive before importing new, leaving them on, etc)? Just want to avoid a lengthy reinstall if I can.
I did remove them at first - cause i feared a crash if i didn't - but went ahead and tried adding a new file on top of existing ones just to see...

So the game seems to already know what's inside. If you have 15 tracks already imported, and those old tracks are in the usb alongside some new tracks, it will quickly read though it and only import the new ones.

So that's good.

I also noticed that super big covers don't load, which is kinda understandable. I have 2 tracks with 1400 x 1400 pixel covers and both appear as blanks in the jukebox. Anything around 500 x 500 or less loads and looks fine for me though.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:42 AM   #13
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

I managed to import 600 files (all standard mp3's) in one go without any issues.

My problem now is deleting some of these files. Every time I select to delete it loads and crashes.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:20 PM   #14
Rookie

I have a unique issue that I haven't seen anybody else post about.

When I go to import my music files, the dial begins to rotate when you import, and after a random amount of songs it just stops every time for no apparent reason. Cannot even cancel the import at that point. I am left with no other option but to close the application and relaunch it, however once I do that I receive the infamous crash error upon going into Playlist Creator or Delete Files.

Would appreciate your guys' input here.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:48 PM   #15
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie4
I have a unique issue that I haven't seen anybody else post about.

When I go to import my music files, the dial begins to rotate when you import, and after a random amount of songs it just stops every time for no apparent reason. Cannot even cancel the import at that point. I am left with no other option but to close the application and relaunch it, however once I do that I receive the infamous crash error upon going into Playlist Creator or Delete Files.

Would appreciate your guys' input here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
I managed to import 600 files (all standard mp3's) in one go without any issues.

My problem now is deleting some of these files. Every time I select to delete it loads and crashes.

You're going to have to follow the steps in this thread. If you're trying to get the game to work around bad files (whether you realize they are bad or not) you're going to have a bad time. My recommendation is to delete, reinstall, and use some trial and error figuring out which combination of files works without causing the issue. If you're asking for a quick fix without any effort, I'm afraid there isn't one at this time.

Simply put - some of your mp3s are causing the game to crash whether or not you choose to believe that. If they are playing and it's only deleting the files that's the issue, then you're still going to have to delete and reinstall and find out which files will allow you to do what you're looking to do. The answers are all here in this thread, you just have to attempt what's been laid out here and be willing to import only mp3s that you've confirmed don't cause crashing issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 08:02 PM   #16
Pro

I'm also having this issue. After analyzing my .mp3 files I'm pretty sure some corrupt files are causing the problem. I repaired my files using Mp3tag so we'll see what happens next.

It's unfortunate you have to reinstall the game after every crash to try again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »