Home

For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix)

This is a discussion on For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix) within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 09:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
I'm also having this issue. After analyzing my .mp3 files I'm pretty sure some corrupt files are causing the problem. I repaired my files using Mp3tag so we'll see what happens next.

It's unfortunate you have to reinstall the game after every crash to try again.
I think i reinstalled the game like 7 times before i finally got it working lol... it's a bitch but it's worth it in the end.

Just upload 500 sounds successfully.

It really is a meta data problem, if ya are using MP3Tag on PC you can select all the files and remove stuff together. So if you have 10 songs and they all have track numbers you can select all at once and remove the "track number"... make sure you click save afterwards.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:10 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason324
I think i reinstalled the game like 7 times before i finally got it working lol... it's a bitch but it's worth it in the end.

Just upload 500 sounds successfully.

It really is a meta data problem, if ya are using MP3Tag on PC you can select all the files and remove stuff together. So if you have 10 songs and they all have track numbers you can select all at once and remove the "track number"... make sure you click save afterwards.
Yeah, I'm following your advice. Thanks for the help.

Only thing though: while I was able to clean out the tags for track, comment, discnumber, etc...it wouldn't let me erase Album Artist. Not sure why. Anyway, I'm reinstalling as we speak.

Funny thing is, I was able to import 100 songs successfully. Then I imported another 100 and crashed. So I separated the second batch.

Reinstalled and imported batch #3 (another 100) and was fine. Imported batch #4 (100) right after and crashed.

I should've reinstalled and then imported batch #2 (which I thought contained a problem) before I cleaned up the files, but too late now.

I'm guessing my problem is not solved. I think there may be multiple issues at work, here.

Last edited by JTommy67; 03-31-2016 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:19 PM   #19
Rookie

I have used mp3tag to remove all the track numbers, composers, etc. Basically everything except for the track title, album, and contributing artists... Most of my files still somehow appear to be "corrupt" though. I tried adding them one at a time and they appear to be importing fine. However, when I add them to the jukebox and attempt to get them played by hitting "Play Highlighted Song", it freezes my game. I do not get the crash error, it just freezes & does not play the song.

Did you guys experience any of this?
Old 03-31-2016, 09:32 PM   #20
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm just going to chime in here and see if I can help. What sources are you getting the mp3s from. You don't have to be specific but I mean are you just uploading the files you got from the internet or did you make them or edit them in any way? I ask because when I was editing songs I used audacity and anything I made with that program had issue. No idea why but it did. Changed to goldwave and everything worked good. We made over 500 tracks this way and haven't experienced this issue. You could try loading the song in goldwave and saving as mp3 and see what happens.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:48 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I'm just going to chime in here and see if I can help. What sources are you getting the mp3s from. You don't have to be specific but I mean are you just uploading the files you got from the internet or did you make them or edit them in any way? I ask because when I was editing songs I used audacity and anything I made with that program had issue. No idea why but it did. Changed to goldwave and everything worked good. We made over 500 tracks this way and haven't experienced this issue. You could try loading the song in goldwave and saving as mp3 and see what happens.
By sources, do you mean how did I initially obtain the music file on my computer? If so, for the most part I use this: http://2conv.com/

I have not edited the files in any way. Some files that I have downloaded (using http://2conv.com/ ) work, some do not... It's just a strange situation. I only have about 80 songs that I wanted to import into the game, so it shouldn't be a tall task per say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 09:51 PM   #22
Pro

Okay I think I can confirm jason324's method worked for me. Used mp3tag, removed all tags except those he specified, and now I've successfully imported 400 songs.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2016, 09:56 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
Okay I think I can confirm jason324's method worked for me. Used mp3tag, removed all tags except those he specified, and now I've successfully imported 400 songs.

Thanks!
Do they all play in the jukebox?

For example: if you go to Jukebox, hit "Play Highlighted Song".

Every song plays?
Old 03-31-2016, 09:58 PM   #24
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie4
By sources, do you mean how did I initially obtain the music file on my computer? If so, for the most part I use this: http://2conv.com/

I have not edited the files in any way. Some files that I have downloaded (using http://2conv.com/ ) work, some do not... It's just a strange situation. I only have about 80 songs that I wanted to import into the game, so it shouldn't be a tall task per say.
Ya that should work but then again I couldn't figure out why audacity files didn't work.
You could try you tube to mp3 website and see if you have better success

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »