Home

Ego setting

This is a discussion on Ego setting within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ego setting

Can you still split the ego settings between hitting, pitching and fielding? I can 't seem to find it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Ego setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader
Can you still split the ego settings between hitting, pitching and fielding? I can 't seem to find it.
On the main menu press Y / Square to highlight the bottom menu, press right on the dpad to select your profile and you should see an option to "Toggle Ego Mode". Do that and you'll see the ego level change to 4 seperate ones, then select "Change Ego" right below it to set each one individually.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:01 PM   #3
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

The pictures representing the the different egos are so small I had to walk up to the tv to see what they were, lol.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you guys!
Old 05-02-2018, 08:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Understanding how to change egos, I'm curious as to everyone's methodology as to when/how much they adjust their ego? For example, what criteria has to happen before you adjust hitting up or down? Baserunning? Pitching? Hitting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2018, 08:02 AM   #6
Rookie

face2face's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by temaat89
Understanding how to change egos, I'm curious as to everyone's methodology as to when/how much they adjust their ego? For example, what criteria has to happen before you adjust hitting up or down? Baserunning? Pitching? Hitting?
it depends which type of game your looking for:
I prefer tight game ending up 3-2, 4-3.

So, If i'm at batting Ego 60 and always score 6-7-8 runs, I bump the batting ego to 65. If it's still too easy, move it to 70, etc.
Same for pitching.

For baserunning: If I'm always safe even with medium speed runners, I make the ego harder.

And for defence, if it's too tough and miss a lot of pop fly, I move the ego down.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #7
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
I have not adjusted things individually yet. I started an elimination mode on 40 and was crushing the CPU by 15 or 20 runs. So I bumped it to 45, then 50 and and I am now at 55. I still won but only by 6 runs and that was due to a lucky Grand Slam so I think I am getting close to where i need to be.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

For hitting and pitching - I felt I needed more offense on both sides in my games (a lot of 2-1, 1-0 games) so I lowered my hitting Ego a couple notches and raised pitching Ego some.

Baserunning/Fielding I'm leaving low since I have a hard time reading the ball right now. Sometimes I think it's going in the gap and it's caught and vice versa. Though, with Fielding if I feel I'm getting to too much given my team's ratings, I might start raising it a little, though I could just leave it and not touch anything since the players run slower when you don't move them yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »