Home

New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

This is a discussion on New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

I just played a level 7 player with my level 15 player and lost 6-2, 7-6 with - get this - 22 unforced errors.

I've never gotten frustrated with this game before. I am right now.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
not really feeling the update. I thought the game needed some balancing but I dont know about what they did. I played the CPU on very hard and got spanked 3 times in a row, seems like the CPU plays by the old rules and i play by another more evil set that doesnt allow me to return much of anything even if im in good position. Seems like the timing is harder to get right too. I think the penalty for timing shouldnt be as great and they should penalize you instead for aiming too close to the lines like they did in TS2.

Ill just have to get the hang of it.
I have the same feeling. I have no problem w/ the added UEs and the game plays better online, but offline in career mode so far I'm playing for the first time since the balancing update, and the first time in a while overall.

Halfway through a set vs Murray and he has 22 winners and 1 UE. I just hate that the CPU, Murray and Nadal especially, but others as well, basically make little to no UEs.

After being down 6-1, 2-0 I just turned the game off. Basically it's not a level playing field, since CPU can still hit those crazy angle topspin shots that the user can't anymore after the update. Good for online, but bad since they didn't make the same changes for the AI. It's not like I'm always bad against Murray either, I was 2-1 h2h with him and had beaten him at the Australian before the update. But now like I said, CPU still makes no errors while it's easier for the user to make errors or leave the ball short.

Looks like it might be what everyone hates in sports games, Very Hard is too hard while Hard is too easy.

Last edited by rangerrick012; 06-12-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:38 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Looks like a lot of us are getting frustrated. I agree completely with RangerRick...very hard is killing me right now, and the time I spend on this game is diminishing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play on Hard and can't even beat a Level 11 with my Level 18 career guy. I am getting so frustrated with this game. I'm no tennis buff but I didn't think anything was wrong with the game before the update. Now I'm just getting angry when I play.

Man, I feel like the game's been taken away from me. I'm not even having fun anymore.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

how do you download this update and is it only for online play?tnx!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:59 AM   #14
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSacamano
I play on Hard and can't even beat a Level 11 with my Level 18 career guy. I am getting so frustrated with this game. I'm no tennis buff but I didn't think anything was wrong with the game before the update. Now I'm just getting angry when I play.

Man, I feel like the game's been taken away from me. I'm not even having fun anymore.
It's obvious that you need to play tactically and with patience looking for CPU weaknesses.Try to use the square button often.
Before the balancing update you could hit these unbelievable topspins right in the corner.The CPU too.Now thankfully this is not happening.
This is a tennis simulation.Unforced errors,great rallies,stamina drain,momentum,unexpected animations (yesterday a Czech level 13 guy returned the ball after I lobbed him with a under the legs butterfly shot).
What we need now is another update that increases again unforced errors and a DLC with real/custom tournaments and more players.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
It's obvious that you need to play tactically and with patience looking for CPU weaknesses.
If you're not experiencing frustration, then that's a good sign the rest of us just need to catch up. At the same time, you're assuming we're not playing tactically or patiently.

Believe me, I'm taking the shots I should be taking. The difference is, now a good number of those shots are easily returnable and/or going out of bounds, whereas they weren't before the update.

So basically now my character feels like she's about a level 8 and needs more forehand and backhand attribute points before she'll feel and play like she used to; which is fine, it's just a bit out of left field.

I already done went through the growing pains of being considerably weaker than my opponents, now it seems like I have to do it all over again.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 06-14-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #16
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
If you're not experiencing frustration, then that's a good sign the rest of us just need to catch up. At the same time, you're assuming we're not playing tactically or patiently.

Believe me, I'm taking the shots I should be taking. The difference is, now a good number of those shots are easily returnable and/or going out of bounds, whereas they weren't before the update.

So basically now my character feels like she's about a level 8 and needs more forehand and backhand attribute points before she'll feel and play like she used to; which is fine, it's just a bit out of left field.

I already done went through the growing pains of being considerably weaker than my opponents, now it seems like I have to do it all over again.
Agreed. I don't know if fearwhatnow is playing on very hard or not, but at least for me on very hard the CPU still plays by the old rules and can hit amazing shots and angles w/o UEs, while I'm playing by the new rules. This update seemed aimed mainly at online play, which is good, the game is better now online, but offline now for me is unplayable since the CPU still makes few errors and can hit the crazy angled shots that the user can't anymore after the update. It has nothing to do with not playing tactically enough since I mix my game up plenty, and everything to do w/ the update throwing the balance between the user and AI out of whack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »