Home

New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

This is a discussion on New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

Quote:
Top Spin 4: Balancing Update #3 release notes:
  • Fatigue now has a bigger impact on shot quality: tired players perform less precise shots and have higher chances of making errors if their timing is off or if the context is bad.
  • Extreme cross court angles are now slightly harder to achieve.
  • The balance between serving and serve return has been reworked to better feel the impact of the attributes.
  • Coaches have been tweaked to limit the combination of important bonus attributes and skills impacting the quality of the shots.
  • Some skills have been tweaked to guarantee that no combination of bonus attributes and skills makes some coaches more efficient than others.
  • Good shots in defensive situations are harder to perform.
Sounds good to me, as these are some of the main gripes I've had w/ the game lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

Definitely a ton more errors now, hitting from a defensive position is significantly tougher. Speed guys should really hate this update, they can't just run around the baseline and return everything now since they're likely to hit one out now.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Do we know if these updates will affect the computer opponents? I just bumped it up to very hard difficulty in my career mode and these updates would be very welcome when playing the cpu
Old 06-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

Playing this some more, wow, it's like it's a different game. So much better, the tension of each shot is just ratcheted up so much since a mi**** now results in an error instead of just a mediocre shot. You can dictate so much more to a players weak side, making sure you get proper depth on your shots now is much more important since winners are so much harder to come by. It was a fun game before, now it's turning into a great game.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

not really feeling the update. I thought the game needed some balancing but I dont know about what they did. I played the CPU on very hard and got spanked 3 times in a row, seems like the CPU plays by the old rules and i play by another more evil set that doesnt allow me to return much of anything even if im in good position. Seems like the timing is harder to get right too. I think the penalty for timing shouldnt be as great and they should penalize you instead for aiming too close to the lines like they did in TS2.

Ill just have to get the hang of it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 05:20 AM   #6
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
not really feeling the update. I thought the game needed some balancing but I dont know about what they did. I played the CPU on very hard and got spanked 3 times in a row, seems like the CPU plays by the old rules and i play by another more evil set that doesnt allow me to return much of anything even if im in good position. Seems like the timing is harder to get right too. I think the penalty for timing shouldnt be as great and they should penalize you instead for aiming too close to the lines like they did in TS2.

Ill just have to get the hang of it.
Playing on Hard and CPU makes a ton of errors when the player is exhausted,after long rallies and when he is tactically being under pressure by me.Penalty timing is now nearly perfect for me, pushing a little more right or left on the LS and ball goes out of bounds. I'm playing with real tennis rules,i'm close to saying that TS4 is the best sports sim ever made.
Oh!I almost forgot!After balancing update CPU makes more unforced errors sending the ball straight to the net.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

is anyone able to get aces ?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

The only change that's left that I want in this game is the ability to play as a real pro in career mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »