Home

Official WWE Smackdown Thread

This is a discussion on Official WWE Smackdown Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #17
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Official WWE Smackdown Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
For a long time, I loved Raw and hated smackdown. Now the tides are turning. With Raw's constant John Cena love fest and consistently having a 1 hour "talk show" in the beginning, Smackdown has been my choice.

Vicki G definitely has to go. Her "shrieking" is starting to ruin her image and Ziggler should get away from her.

It feels as though they don't know what to do with Del Rio. His feud with Mysterio was over in a heartbeat.

I think they need to make some more shuffles between both shows to keep them fresh. I like Wade on Smackdown, but I hope they don't push another "Nexus" thing again. That got old and boring.
I don't really get the Vickie hate on this board. Considering where she came from and her lack of experience the fact that they used her to help get ziggler over, (and she did, let's face it). She single handedly help get Kaitlin from nxt over I'd say that she is a he'll of a heel.

As far as the del rio thing, I don't really know where you're coming from on that. He's being featured prominently on both shows and feuded with mysterio from the very beginning of his debut. I love the fact that they ended the feud in a 2 of 3 falls match on free tv. That was something the old ecw used to do that. I loved.
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants

Last edited by Slymm; 01-16-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30
I really struggle to watch Smackdown, R-truth just pisses me off no end. He is boring and his gimmick is terrible.

Its a shame cause the rest of the guys are pretty good.
R-Truth is actually a Raw superstar who made a special appearance on SmackDown this week.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #19
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

That Barrett/Corre music is just absolutely terrible and probably the worst intro music ever...................please come up with something new.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 01-21-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:39 AM   #20
Banned

Well, I would venture to say that it is blatantly obvious that Michael Tarver is the one who attacked Peanut Head. He was totally out of place in the background during those backstage segments since he has been off of TV for several months now.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #21
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Well, I would venture to say that it is blatantly obvious that Michael Tarver is the one who attacked Peanut Head. He was totally out of place in the background during those backstage segments since he has been off of TV for several months now.
Yeah, that seems to be the obvious choice. At first I wasn't sure it was him b/c I'm used to seeing him with that bandana tied around his face.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Yeah, that seems to be the obvious choice. At first I wasn't sure it was him b/c I'm used to seeing him with that bandana tied around his face.
Upon further review of the DVR: It was definitely him.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #23
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't know why, but I HATE the name "Corre" (and how it's spelled), and I hate their music. I also hate their dynamic with having "no leader". Wade was best as an unquestioned dictator who ruled with an iron fist. It fit him so perfectly. Plus, even with it being fake I find it hard to suspend my disbelief and believe any of the other three are on his level. I understand that Wade is still the man and is telling them what they want to hear to keep them around, but I liked the more ruthless dictator.

What I LOVED about the Corre was the interaction with Ted, Vickie, Dolph, and Edge. They are already in the thick of things, and realize that by taking out Teddy they get to run the show behind Vickie. It was just played out so perfectly.

Dolph was very entertaining on commentary. I'm definitely starting to come around on him, which is weird. I usually love heels almost instantaneously, but he took much longer for me to warm up to. I just loved his interactions with the boys in the booth.

Miz on Smackdown was weird. It really seemed pointless to me. Of course he was A+ in his delivery, I enjoyed seeing him (like always), but there was no point in his being there.

I love Alberto Del Rio randomly coming out with his grand entrance just to say it's his destiny to win the Rumble (he's starting to make me believe). The look on Corre's face (like, "who is this clown!?") was awesome.

I never get tired of Swaggers amateur challenges. I love watching him toy with opponents. Great end to add fuel to the rivalry. Glad it's going to continue.

Having Rey break Dashing's nose is the BEST way to turn this into a real heated rivalry. Ish just got real. Also, it'll allow Cody to wear a ridiculous looking mask or something. I'm excited.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #24
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
I don't know why, but I HATE the name "Corre" (and how it's spelled), and I hate their music. I also hate their dynamic with having "no leader". Wade was best as an unquestioned dictator who ruled with an iron fist. It fit him so perfectly. Plus, even with it being fake I find it hard to suspend my disbelief and believe any of the other three are on his level. I understand that Wade is still the man and is telling them what they want to hear to keep them around, but I liked the more ruthless dictator.

What I LOVED about the Corre was the interaction with Ted, Vickie, Dolph, and Edge. They are already in the thick of things, and realize that by taking out Teddy they get to run the show behind Vickie. It was just played out so perfectly.

Dolph was very entertaining on commentary. I'm definitely starting to come around on him, which is weird. I usually love heels almost instantaneously, but he took much longer for me to warm up to. I just loved his interactions with the boys in the booth.

Miz on Smackdown was weird. It really seemed pointless to me. Of course he was A+ in his delivery, I enjoyed seeing him (like always), but there was no point in his being there.

I love Alberto Del Rio randomly coming out with his grand entrance just to say it's his destiny to win the Rumble (he's starting to make me believe). The look on Corre's face (like, "who is this clown!?") was awesome.

I never get tired of Swaggers amateur challenges. I love watching him toy with opponents. Great end to add fuel to the rivalry. Glad it's going to continue.

Having Rey break Dashing's nose is the BEST way to turn this into a real heated rivalry. Ish just got real. Also, it'll allow Cody to wear a ridiculous looking mask or something. I'm excited.
I think Barrett is just saying that Corre (I also HATE the name and music) has no leader because he needed to humble himself a little to get those guys to join up with him. I have a feeling Wade will resume the leadership role before too long.

Smackdown needs another top-level face to fill out its roster. I have no idea who that would be, but they have enough heels, but outside of Edge, Mysterio and Big Show, the show is really lacking in main event star power on the face side. Yes, I know Undertaker is out, but even still, he isn't a consistent face on TV.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »