Home

WWE 13 IGN review

This is a discussion on WWE 13 IGN review within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
WWE 13 IGN review

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/29/wwe-13-review
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: WWE 13 IGN review

Pretty good review, although I was hoping Universe Mode would have received more attention in the article.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

The guy knows nothing about wrestling. Universe mode is the one of the biggest modes in the game and he spends one sentence on it. What a lame.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

He also said that Universe mode had flaws, yet completely glossed over everything they added. IGN reviews are rather worthless. Wait for someone around here or in the know to say something about it.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Icon11 Re: WWE 13 IGN review

8.5 or higher = This game will be awesome! I love this site/reviewer! They know exactly what they're talking about!

Less than 8.5 = Ayyeeee you bunch of bums! You don't know what you're doing! How do you still have your jobs! Bah who needs reviews?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm usually a pretty big advocate of IGN reviews for anything not dealing with sports, but it was blatantly obvious that this was a bought review. IGN was doing a livestream with the developers so they couldn't go any lower than 8 on this review no matter what problems the game had. I'm very wary of this review and will probably wait until OperationSports reviews the game before making a decision. There were a lot of small issues mentioned in the article with no good things really mentioned which makes me think the game might not be that good.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX1
I'm usually a pretty big advocate of IGN reviews for anything not dealing with sports, but it was blatantly obvious that this was a bought review. IGN was doing a livestream with the developers so they couldn't go any lower than 8 on this review no matter what problems the game had. I'm very wary of this review and will probably wait until OperationSports reviews the game before making a decision. There were a lot of small issues mentioned in the article with no good things really mentioned which makes me think the game might not be that good.
Apparently Game Informer gave it a 9. It was shown in the launch trailer.

I also think that if this was a "bought" review the score would have been higher. Just my opinion though.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX1
Score was lower than last year.

As I said, you should wait for another review period as the guy didn't sound like he really knew much about the game to begin with. It is best to have an actual wrestling fan review it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »