Home Town:
Sports:
Games:
Teams:
OS Username:
Tags:
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
05:57 PM - May 10, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Josh Houtz

The NFL Draft was a little over a week ago, and the future of all 32 NFL franchises has changed drastically. Whether your favorite team drafted their quarterback of the future, or a pass-rushing defensive lineman, the roster will be significantly different than in last year’s Madden. Here is a look at each team’s key additions in the NFC, and the role they will play in Madden 18. If you missed the AFC, click here.

Read More - How the 2017 NFL Draft Changes Each Team in Madden: NFC (Written by: Josh Houtz)

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes: 9 - View All
Monday, May 8, 2017
05:16 PM - May 8, 2017. Posted by RaychelSnr. Written by Josh Houtz

The NFL Draft was a little over a week ago, and the future of all 32 NFL franchises has changed drastically. Whether your favorite team drafted their quarterback of the future, or a pass-rushing defensive lineman, the roster will be significantly different than in last year’s Madden. Here is a look at each team’s key additions, and the role they will play in Madden 18.

Read More - How the 2017 NFL Draft Changes Each Team in Madden: AFC

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes: 17 - View All
Monday, April 24, 2017
01:58 PM - April 24, 2017. Posted by RaychelSnr. Written by Josh Houtz

As a fan of old-school hockey games, I was very excited to try V7 Entertainment’s Old Time Hockey. It appeared to be everything I loved about the NHL games of the early '90s, and I was anxious to see how it compared.

Read More - Old Time Hockey Delivers an Experience for Hardcore Puck Fans Only

Game: Old Time HockeyHype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes: 1 - View All
Friday, April 14, 2017
05:19 PM - April 14, 2017. Posted by RaychelSnr. Written by Josh Houtz

MLB The Show is a great video game. From the presentation and graphics, down to the gameplay, animations and sounds of the Show, MLB The Show continues to impress. In addition, one thing fans of the franchise have been able to consistently rely on is Road to the Show. Road to the Show isn’t a franchise mode, or a story mode like NBA 2K or FIFA -- not that there’s anything wrong with either of the two, but Road to the Show is on an entirely different level.

For those that don’t know, Road to the Show is the highly popular game mode where users create a player and watch him progress through the ranks from the minors to the majors. Much like in the real world, this opportunity doesn’t come easy. Players must continue to progress from game to game, month to month, until finally getting their chance to play in the majors. I’ve been a huge fan of the series, but have often found myself struggling to put in the time and work to see my name in lights. That has changed this season, and I am determined to make Josh Houtz a household name.

Read More - Road to the Show in MLB The Show 17 Is Still Solid

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes: 36 - View All
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
06:56 PM - March 7, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Josh Houtz

A new iteration of the popular Fire Pro Wrestling series is set to debut later this year! Developer Spike Chunsoft released a video teaser video on Twitter, confirming the studio’s plans to release Fire Pro Wrestling World.

Although an official release date has not been set, it appears fans of the popular wrestling franchise can expect the game to drop early this summer. Fortunately for PC gamers, they will be able to play the game early through Steam Early Access. The early access will include online gameplay.

"After a 10-year hiatus, director Tomoyuki Matsumoto’s Fire Pro Wresting World brings the hit franchise to Windows PC and PlayStation 4, with Steam Early Access confirmed for this Summer. Building upon the core gameplay, the game will offer improved graphics, updated features and online matchmaking connecting players from around the world."

Customize every aspect of the match, from your wrestler to the ring itself, in your fight for the championship belt.

PLAY ONLINE
Organize exhibition matches, tournaments, leagues, championship bouts and battle royals with players from around the world.

MIX UP THE RULES
Modes include Deathmatch (steel cage, barbed wire or landmines), MMA rules and no-holds barred Gruesome Fighting.

UNLIMITED CUSTOMIZATION
Create your dream wrestler from over a thousand devastating moves and even more body parts to battle for custom championship belts. Personalize the ring, mat logos and even the referee!

REALISTIC SIMULATION
Give your creations personalities with a robust CPU logic system that defines their every action. Does your wrestler play to the crowd, or play dirty? You provide actors for the ringside drama.

How hyped are you for a new installment of Fire Pro Wrestling? Let us know in the comments.

Game: Fire Pro Wrestling WorldHype Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4Votes: 1 - View All
Thursday, February 23, 2017
10:49 AM - February 23, 2017. Posted by RaychelSnr. Written by Josh Houtz

After hearing a lot of good things about High Horse Entertainment’s new cult classic Disc Jam, I decided to turn on my PS4 and see what all the hype was about. With the Beta release last week, it seemed a good time to see what all the buzz was about. After all, I’m a big fan of Rocket League, so I was cautiously optimistic that this too could live up to that kind of hype.

As sports games overall continue to improve, my own personal expectations for what is possible even with smaller indie projects also has continued to rise. Psyonix showed that not only the big companies can make great sports games and that's exactly what High Horse Entertainment sets fourth to do. Here are my early impressions of Disc Jam.

Read More - Disc Jam Beta Impressions

Game: Disc JamHype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes: 1 - View All
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
11:52 AM - February 22, 2017. Posted by RaychelSnr. Written by Josh Houtz
Shortly after my Throwback Thursday article on Mutant League Football, the sports gaming gods answered all of our prayers. One of the most beloved sports games of the early '90s, is finally getting remade. Thanks to the help of a bunch of die-hard fans, creator Michael Mendheim was able to reach his $60,000 Kickstarter goal. If you have yet to donate and are still interested in doing so, click the link here.

After making a small donation to MFL’s Kickstarter, I received a code to play the game in pre-alpha. Here are my thoughts on a very, very early build of Mutant Football League (MFL).

Read More - Mutant Football League Pre-Alpha Impressions

Game: Mutant Football LeagueReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes: 0 - View All
Thursday, January 26, 2017
02:26 PM - January 26, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Josh Houtz

Some of the gaming veterans out there might be old enough to remember there was an entertaining football game produced by EA back in the early 90s. Instead of playing with your favorite players and teams, fictional monsters roamed the land-mine-filled stadiums, scattered throughout the galaxy. The game was Mutant League Football, and it was one of my favorite games as a child.

In this week’s Throwback Thursday, I look back at this memorable game, and look at how it might have stacked up against today’s sports video games.

Read More - Throwback Thursday: Mutant League Football (Written by: Josh Houtz)

Monday, January 16, 2017
11:05 AM - January 16, 2017. Posted by RaychelSnr. Written by Josh Houtz
Every year, gamers and sports fans alike, anxiously wait for the newest installment of EA’s Madden franchise to be released. The popularity of American football continues to grow, and sports gamers continue to search for every opportunity to get their football fix, which includes video games. The most popular NFL text sim to date is EA’s NFL Head Coach Series. Though EA no longer produces these games, a small studio continues to provide the video game community with a pro football text sim. Solecismic Software’s Front Office Football has been a classic among football fans for years, and continues to deliver with each new installment.

However, the question remains, how does Front Office Football 8, fulfill the football fans text-sim needs?

Game: Front Office Football EightHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes: 0 - View All
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
10:52 AM - September 6, 2016. Posted by RaychelSnr. Written by Josh Houtz

Every year EA releases a new installment of Madden. Modes are refined and gameplay is adjusted to better fit the community’s wants and needs. However, one thing that ultimately stays the same is online play. Sure, EA adds minor enhancements, or a bigger mode like Draft Champions and Madden Ultimate Team, but the infrastructure remains largely intact.

So here are my online impressions for Madden 17 one week later.

Read More - Madden NFL 17: What's It Like To Take the Game Online?

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes: 17 - View All