Home

Official Backbreaker 2013 Roster (Xbox 360 Only By RateSports)

This is a discussion on Official Backbreaker 2013 Roster (Xbox 360 Only By RateSports) within the Backbreaker Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabar87
Hey RS,

I just gave the new rosters a try, good job. The first thing I noticed was how the new logos POPPED with crisper detail and more vibrant/accurate colors. The jerseys I've seen look great and the endzone paint is much improved. Gameplay seems a little different but I can't quite put my finger on how yet. I'm playing as the New England Patriots in a full season right now (I'm happy to see you made Gronk a beast!) and I have some suggestions for the roster. For my best piece of advice skip to the bottom red text and decide if you want to go back and read the rest.

I like what Kevin Faulk did for the Pats (and tried to do) as much as the next Pats fan, but he shouldn't be on this roster, let alone as a Fullback. Same goes for Addai. I can see why you set Woodhead as a FB because who knows we might see him and Ridley or Vereen sharing the field in some kind of Pro formation this season. New England is carrying some FBs right now but time will tell if they keep them on the 53.

Nobody knows what their OLine will end up looking like but it's safe to say Matt Light won't be a part of it.

Lastly for offense I see the WR depth going Lloyd (#85 now), Gaffney, Welker (he should be in this #3 slot position even though he is better), Stallworth, then either Branch/Edelman/Slater.

On the other side of the ball I found some glaring issues. Chieftly the secondary, for CB's you have Dennard, Arrington, Wilhite, Butler and Edelman. It's as though I stepped into some kind of tear in the time space continuum and I won't go into further detail only to say it needs serious attention.

The DLine looks mostly ok, Wilfork should start ahead of Warren though. The LB core could be a little different by the time the season rolls around, we'll see. Safety should start with Chung ahead of Wilson, McCourty should be a CB and the rest is anyone's guess.

Special Teams roster is fine.

I can't speak for the whole roster because I'm only familiar with the Pats so far this year, but Backbreaker NFL 13 appears to be a serious upgrade in Art over last year and a time warped, borderline mess in rosters and depth. BUT these things are easy to change, and I expect we will see future updates as the season progresses since we're so early now. (great job beating Madden to the punch btw!) This roster is a great starting point but needs work, my best advice would be to wait until the first week of the regular season plays out and make an update based on those starting rosters. It may be later than some people want but it will be right, and that's what really matters.

On a side note- to everyone reading this thinking "Wow this guy's a whiney douche" I just donated to this man, (EVERYONE WHO CAN SHOULD DONATE!!!) and I'm not demanding these changes I just offer them as advice for improvement. Also, for each update that I see major improvement in I will treat like true DLC and contribute a little more since I actually value the time and effort you are putting into this. Well... and I really hate EA Sports.

Keep up the good work,
K.B.
Appreciate all the insight and the donation. I really appreciate it.

Just so this is on record, the Patriots roster is NOT as up-to-date as the other 31 teams. This is due to multiple reasons but the primary being that it is my favorite team and I usually gloss over them before release (since they are the first to be updated).

It took 3 weeks to adjust all the other teams & test (so the Pats are about 3 weeks out of date).

Rest assured fans, the Patriots (and others) will be updated soon. Expect a patch soon
Old 08-12-2012, 02:53 AM   #18
Rookie

Re: Official Backbreaker 2013 Roster (Xbox 360 Only By RateSports)

Woo! Good to hear, your stuff is almost always top notch and I appreciate the fun your work lets me have.

You know honestly, when I think about it, if it weren't for you I probably wouldn't have been able to hold out against the urge to buy Madden (being the only "new" football game these days) for so long. If you feel a fraction of the disgust I have for EA you should understand how great this is.

I used to buy a few football games every year. Madden, 2k, Fever, Gameday, and some quirkier ones. But after 2005 I swore off EA Sports for good when they killed all competition because 2K delivered a better product (at less than half the price, a week early) and then had the AUDACITY to follow up their exclusive license acquisition with The Most Polished Turd in NFL Video Game History Madden 2006 for Xbox 360. Thanks to some NFL 2k5, APF 2K8 and now BB roster mods here I am 6 years later holding true to my word. Whodathunkit?

Thanks again for everything!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #19
Banned

Backbreaker 2013 V2 is now available for download!

As always, the download is at my site :

http://www.ratesports.net

Notable Fixes

Cosmetics
  • Bears New Away Uniforms
  • Jets Uniforms (Nike Darker Sides)

Roster-Related
  • Terrell Owens, Braylon Edwards to SEA
  • Chad Johnson Cut
  • Entire Buccaneers Team Updated
  • Entire Patriots Team Updated
  • Entire Bears Team Updated
  • Entire Packers Team Updated
  • Rookie Ratings Adjusted
  • Number Corrections

Last edited by RateSports; 08-13-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Nevermind. I screwed up. Everything is working at ratesports. Thanks for everything.

Last edited by KingRex; 08-31-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Something is wrong with the file, it's fine offline, but it can't be used online can you fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Something is wrong with the file, it's fine offline, but it can't be used online can you fix it?
Hey! I think I played a match against you a few days ago. My gamertag is RajLBC. I used the New York Giants against your team in an online player match.

It's possible to use the NFL teams from the ratesports file online. The first time I tried to play against you I switched to Custom/NFL teams and chose the Eagles... it made my game freeze. So then I quickly restarted my xbox and it was fine afterward, and the game allowed me to pick the Giants (or any other NFL team I wanted) online.

Btw I just got the game a week ago, I'm not very good at it yet. Still practicing. My game against you was my third one on Backbreaker. You schooled the crap out of me lol. It was fun, way better than Madden imo.

Add my gamertag if you're down to play a few games sometime. Right now I'm mostly playing NBA 2k13, but I'll be on Backbreaker when I'm in the football mood (usually the weekends).
Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #23
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRajX
Hey! I think I played a match against you a few days ago. My gamertag is RajLBC. I used the New York Giants against your team in an online player match.

It's possible to use the NFL teams from the ratesports file online. The first time I tried to play against you I switched to Custom/NFL teams and chose the Eagles... it made my game freeze. So then I quickly restarted my xbox and it was fine afterward, and the game allowed me to pick the Giants (or any other NFL team I wanted) online.

Btw I just got the game a week ago, I'm not very good at it yet. Still practicing. My game against you was my third one on Backbreaker. You schooled the crap out of me lol. It was fun, way better than Madden imo.

Add my gamertag if you're down to play a few games sometime. Right now I'm mostly playing NBA 2k13, but I'll be on Backbreaker when I'm in the football mood (usually the weekends).
with the latest roster, my game freezes at the point where it checks for improper language. I had to find the NFL 12 roster they used and just update that. Every time I try the NFL13 file online it freezes at that check point. It's the only roster I have that issue with. I only play with the Eagles or my created team so anytime your up for a game, just add me...same name as here.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
with the latest roster, my game freezes at the point where it checks for improper language. I had to find the NFL 12 roster they used and just update that. Every time I try the NFL13 file online it freezes at that check point. It's the only roster I have that issue with. I only play with the Eagles or my created team so anytime your up for a game, just add me...same name as here.
Yep that's the same thing that happened to me (improper language). It happens once out of every 4 games online I try to play I noticed. Sucks that it happens every single time for you. :-/

Yeah man, I got your friend request. If I see you on Backbreaker, I'll send you an invite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters »