Home

Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
turf any word on those dev diaries yet. i was on the forum yesterday it seemed like it would have been at least one yesterday, but no dice
No word, but I have see most of the news or vids come on Thursday or Friday. I have not received any hints from any of the Dev Team members, nor Rob Donald. They are pretty tight-lipped right now.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #90
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
No word, but I have see most of the news or vids come on Thursday or Friday. I have not received any hints from any of the Dev Team members, nor Rob Donald. They are pretty tight-lipped right now.
right now they must have zippers on their lips they never say anything on the forums except once so far i seen
Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: New Back Breaker Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
The game itself will look very smooth and the graphics will be top notch.

60 fps will be less likely because of the amount of CPU power needed. If it were developed on the PS3 first, which is tougher to do, then it would be able to run at 60ps on the PS3 with no problem. But since it is being developed on the XBox 360, which has less processing power, it may be running at a very smooth 30fps. Keep in mind that the animations are on the fly, which require less processing power so they are able to run at a smoother framerate than scripted animations in "other football games".

If it is running at 30fps, there will be nothing to fear.
At first I thougth 30fps would suck.But I rather have good animation.Then run on 60fps and have bad animation that suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: New Back Breaker Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M. Son
Solid trailer! The game looks like it's come a long long way. The stadiums, lighting, and "football feel" looks very good.
I agree...But the gameplay and O/D AI will literally make or break it for most....

I/We DO NOT want a "BLITZ" type of game...BB looks like it will be WAY more Arcade then sim. Take that and the fact you have a company who has NEVER actually made a complete game and my worries and expectaions are quite high.

I am also still one of those who thinks this game will LITERALLY never come to be....

We will see.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 21

Turf you have to be sure before stating that it will run at 30fps....I don't ever remember reading or hearing anything about this.....imo, from all indications it seems to be running at 60fps (based off the gameplay trailers)

it was stated that

"Tackles will be simulated in 90 frames per second. No jumps in animation, real fluid."

there would be a DRASTIC jump in animation if the game was running at 30 then switched to 90 during the tackles/broken tackles.....but 60 to 90 shouldn't be noticeable, compared to 30 to 90fps.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Turf you have to be sure before stating that it will run at 30fps....I don't ever remember reading or hearing anything about this.....imo, from all indications it seems to be running at 60fps (based off the gameplay trailers)

it was stated that

"Tackles will be simulated in 90 frames per second. No jumps in animation, real fluid."

there would be a DRASTIC jump in animation if the game was running at 30 then switched to 90 during the tackles/broken tackles.....but 60 to 90 shouldn't be noticeable, compared to 30 to 90fps.
I'm only going off what I was told personally. I would never spread lies or rumors. That would be pointless and hurt the image of Backbreaker. Trust me, Backbreake will be the smoothest football game we have ever played.

It may run at 60 fps by now, but over a year ago it was not going to. Hopefully that has changed to 60 fps. It truly depends on how fast it can be processed. The PS3 can keep up, but the 360 just can't. Since they were developing from the 360 over a year ago, it may still be at 30 fps.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #95
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I remember them saying the game ran at 90.

Although, Afrikan, simulated at 90 fps is not the same as running at 90 fps. The game may be able to make calculations 90 times a second, but the actual game may only be able to display that 30/60 times a second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #96
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by t11
I remember them saying the game ran at 90.

Although, Afrikan, simulated at 90 fps is not the same as running at 90 fps. The game may be able to make calculations 90 times a second, but the actual game may only be able to display that 30/60 times a second.
Exactly what I was going to say.

A movie may be filmed in 4K resolution, but on DVD it can only output 480 horizontal lines on your screen.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »