Home

Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works

This is a discussion on Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #81
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Oh please. It's about preference, has nothign to do with making the game easier. WHy is it whenever someone wants to make a change for something they don't like about this game, someone like you comes along and talks down to them as if they are somehow less of a player because of their preference.

And this angle being more "realistic" is a matter of opinion and definitely arguable at best.
Camera A = Seeing all of the field and all of your WRs at the same time and being able to throw to whoever whenever,

Camera B = Seeing a limited view and being forced by the game mechanics to look at your receiver first - and not being able to throw to a guy you can't see.

You tell me how one of those isn't easier than the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #82
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Camera A would be 110% better..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #83
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Camera A = Seeing all of the field and all of your WRs at the same time and being able to throw to whoever whenever,

Camera B = Seeing a limited view and being forced by the game mechanics to look at your receiver first - and not being able to throw to a guy you can't see.

Camera A = every football game ever made

Camera B = a more realistic approach to how the game is played
Old 07-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #84
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

CAMERA B WINS! CAMERA B WINS! OMG, did u see that! CAMERA B WINS!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Camera A would be 110% better..
Why Fiddy? Because you said so?

Why is a pathetically easy passing system/camera better than one that actually challenges you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #86
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Why Fiddy? Because you said so?

Why is a pathetically easy passing system/camera better than one that actually challenges you?
I don't think sensory deprivation in the name of "realism" is any better. It's a matter of preference, but it has nothing to do with ease. I see why people would think it's current form of camera is more realistic. It's definitely more of a challenge. But I don't need a challenge strictly for the sake of a challenge.

Camera A, gives no depth perception.. Also that innate feel of what is going on around you in the pocket is gone. And please, realism? In real life I can go from one receiver to another in no particular order in a blink of an eye. I don't have to cycle individually one at a time at a snails pace in a linear order. Not to mention I hate being locked on to a WR. If I want to read coverage, I am looking at the safeties first then advancing to my receivers. This cam and mechanic makes that impossible. That would be another knock on realism. Although 90% of the people who scream realism, wouldn't know true realism if it bit them in the face.

If you like the first camera, that's great. But the whole you only like the newer camera because it's easier, and don't want "realism" talking down is not only old, but it's inaccurate and lame.

Last edited by bkrich83; 07-04-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #87
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

You missed the point, as usual. My preference for Camera A, has nothing to do with it being easier, but people who feel the need to mindlessly defend this game, don't seem to get that. The "the only reason you don't like the camera, because of difficulty" argument is simply wrong. Whether it's easier or not, has nothing to do with why I prefer one cam over the other. I know it's difficult for people like you to grasp, but some people have a different opinion than you do, and that's ok..
Old 07-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #88
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You missed the point, as usual. My preference for Camera A, has nothing to do with it being easier, but people who feel the need to mindlessly defend this game, don't seem to get that. The "the only reason you don't like the camera, because of difficulty" argument is simply wrong. Whether it's easier or not, has nothing to do with why I prefer one cam over the other. I know it's difficult for people like you to grasp, but some people have a different opinion than you do, and that's ok..

So why then? If it's not about the difficulty, or lack thereof, why?

Or is this one of those "I just do" things that we aren't supposed to question?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »