Home

A Season With The Champs,A Philadelphia Phillies Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Season With The Champs,A Philadelphia Phillies Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #41
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: A Season With The Champs,A Philadelphia Phillies Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
In my opinion it would be my view as a mini tribute to allow him to keep going. It's tragic, but it's not like he went and killed 3 people then killed himself if you know what I mean.

Also the Brewers are stocking up on Catchers lol... They haven't given up much though so that's good and my home town alum, Jarrod Washburn still has some gas left in the tank it seems!

That's what I like about your dynasty... You give the league wide feeling along with your dominating Philles!!! lol Keep it up!
That was my feeling as well,it will be kind of cool to see what might have been.As for a league wide flavor,I think its more fun that way,because you never know what team you're going to see an update on,because I will work in every team at least once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #42
All Star

orion523's Arena

Every year,Baseball America releases their much anticipated top minor league system report in which they rank every MLB team's Minor League system as well as list each team's top prospects.This year's report has the Texas Rangers leading the way by a large margin followed by the Oakland Athletics then the Atlanta Braves.Where did your team finish?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg topprospects.jpg (149.1 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #43
All Star

orion523's Arena

Friday April 17,2009

Hamels Fans 13 In Dominating Performance

Hamels Is All Smiles Following Another K
Citizens Bank Park,Phila,Pa.-Following a successful 4-2 road trip,the Phillies welcomed to town Jake Peavy and the San Diego Padres and then promptly hammered them 7-1.First baseman Ryan Howard set the tone early,with a monstrous 2nd inning home run,the first of two on the night off of Padres starter Jake Peavy(1-2) who incidentially struggled mightily,allowing 6 hits and 5 earned runs in three and a third innings.The night though belonged to Cole Hamels(2-1),who following a disasterous performance in Denver,came out and pitched a complete game,allowing 6 hits and 1 earned run while striking out 13 San Diego batters,by far the best performance by a Phillie pitcher this season.

Wynn's 3 Run Homer In 10th Sinks D-Backs

Wynn Greeted By Batboy Following GW HR
AT&T Park,San Francisco,Ca.-In a good old fashioned pitchers duel,the Arizona Diamondbacks Dan Haren(1-0) went toe to toe with Giants ace Tim Lincecum for 7 innings,leaving the game for a pinch hitter in the 8th with a 2-0 lead,but relief man Carlos Villanueva could not hold the lead,allowing a game tying two run blast to Aaron Rowand that sent the game to extra innings where Giants RF Randy Wynn sent the fans home happy with a walk off three run homer off of the Diamondbacks Jon Rauch(1-1) to give the Giants the 5-2 win.Following the game though,the Giants learned that they would be without the services of LF Andres Torres who was suspended 2 games for arguing balls and strikes.
On The Injury Front
The Boston Red Sox will be without the services of reliever Ramon Ramirez for 1-2 weeks after he developed elbow soreness in today's 8-7 victory over the Orioles.

Today's MLB Scoreboard

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AL.jpg (115.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg NL.jpg (124.4 KB, 29 views)
Old 04-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #44
All Star

orion523's Arena

Saturday April 18,2009

Werth's RBI Single In 11th Gives Phils 8-7 Victory

Citizens Bank Park,Phila,Pa.-In a wild and wooly affair,the Philadelphia Phillies,thanks to a Jayson Werth walk off single defeated the San Diego Padres 8-7 in eleven innings.Early on,things did not look good for the home team.Brett Myers making his first start since returning from injury,struggled mightily,allowing 3 home runs in 4+ innings as the Padres built a 7-3 5th inning lead.Frustrated following the third homer,Myers beaned the next batter,Scott Hairston,setting off a bench clearing brawl that ironically woke up the struggling Phils.Once order was restored and Myers and Hairston ejected the Phillies immediately tied the game at 7 in the bottom of the inning on a Ryan Howard RBI double followed by a Jayson Werth 3 run homer.Still tied at 7 in the 7th,the Padres looked poised to regain the lead with Brian Giles on third and just one out,but JA Happ would have none of it,striking out Adrian Gonzalez before inducing an inning ending ground out by Jody Gerut that ended the threat.Neither team would threaten again until the 11th where the Phillies started their half of the inning with a Shane Victorino single and subsequent steal of second that set up Chase Utley's sacrifice bunt that put Victorino on third with one out for Ryan Howard who was intentionally walked to set up the double play.Jayson Werth then promptly spoiled San Diego's plans with a clean single to left that scored Victorino and gave the Phillies the 8-7 win,their 5th in a row.

5 Run 1st Pushes Brewers Past Mets 6-3

JJ Hardy Following 1st Inning Double
Citi Field,Queens,NY-With Mets starter John Maine(0-2) on the mound,the Milwaukee Brewers pounded out 6 hits and scored 5 runs in the top of the first inning to help sink the mets at Citi Field 6-3.Maine,who lasted just 2/3 of an inning fell to 0-2 on the season with a 9.95 ERA,not the way you want to start a season in which you have championship aspirations,his counterpart however,the Brewers Manny Parra(2-0) gutted his way through 5 and 2/3 innings,allowing 7 hits and 2 earned runs,he also hit a 2 run single in the first to help his own cause.Trevor Hoffman earned the save.
MLB News

Phillies starting pitcher Brett Myers and Padres CF Scott Hairston were each suspended for 7 games for their part in Saturday's brawl.

KC Royals SS Mike Avileswill be out for about a week after being hit on the elbow by a pitch in the Royals 9-8 loss to the Rangers

MLB Scoreboard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALSat.jpg (114.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg NLSat.jpg (128.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #45
All Star

orion523's Arena

Yankees Extend Pettitte's Stay In Bronx

Andy Pettitte

Bronx,NY-The New York Yankees have just announced that starting pitcher Andy Pettitte has been resigned to a three year contract extention said to be worth $16,500,000.Said Pettitte "I'm very happy to be signing what very well may be my last MLB contract with the Yankees" "This is my home,and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else" Pettitte,who will be 39 at contracts end has 215 career victories and a career ERA of 3.90

Last edited by orion523; 04-18-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 14

I like this. If I had the time and desire (and a faster Mac) I'd probably love OOTP. But I'll follow.

Course, I want to see my Redbirds start doing a bit better, mind you Remember where your slugger hails from!
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
Old 04-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #47
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockstar2005
I like this. If I had the time and desire (and a faster Mac) I'd probably love OOTP. But I'll follow.

Course, I want to see my Redbirds start doing a bit better, mind you Remember where your slugger hails from!
OOTP really is an awesome game,its actually the only game that I do play.As for the Cardinals,don't worry,they will have their day,they always do...
Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #48
All Star

orion523's Arena

Hey guys,just a quick question to those of you who are following,from the 1940's up until 1992,the top 10 home run hitters in the league averaged between 30 and 32 home runs,but starting in 1993,those numbers suddenly "shot up" if you know what I mean.Finally though,last year HR numbers dropped for the first time in a long time and personally,I think they'll continue to drop to near 1992 levels.Thats where my question comes in,what kind of baseball do you want to see,the kind that was played through most of history,or the kind that we have now,with all of the huge numbers.I ask this because,its actually quite easy to change the statistical output of the game,I just have to adjust a few statistical modifiers to get it done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »