Home

SimWorld Presents: Reaching for Greatness (A NBA2K Dynasty)

This is a discussion on SimWorld Presents: Reaching for Greatness (A NBA2K Dynasty) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #25
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: SimWorld Presents: Reaching for Greatness (A NBA2K Dynasty)

Smile, Demar! You've earned it!

The Week in Basketball: April 1–7*

DeRozan's career night caps off the final full seven days before the playoffs

The Good:
Playoff basketball is right around the corner! That's good in every sense of the word. What's even better is that there's still major competition for the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference—while no one expects this year's crop of 8 seeds to go any further than their opening-round opponent's court, at least the final week of the regular season will have its share of intensity.
DeMar DeRozan set a career high of 50 points in the Raptors' 157-point thumping of Miami. Surprisingly, the Raptors only had 32 assists in their highest-scoring game of the year... but when DeRozan and Lowry combine for 85 points, you can't really complain. In other scoring news, Buddy Hield put up 23 points in a late-night Kings win over the equally pitiful (and pitiable) Lakers. It'll be better for everyone if the return on the investment in him is as good as promised.
Denver also picked up its first playoff birth since 2007. They'll go into the playoffs with a sub-.500 record and they'll face the Warriors... but crazier things have happened, right?

The Bad:
No, crazier things have not happened, and won't happen this time around. While those 2007 playoffs did see the 8th-seeded Warriors knock off the first-seeded Mavericks, and the Nuggets themselves were the first 8 seed to knock off a top seed (Dikembe in 2004), it's the Warriors. This year's Kevin-Durant Warriors. Denver has to pray that he gets altitude sickness.
Kristaps Porzingis broke his wrist, an even worse outcome for the Knicks than their third straight loss. That won't make his offseason improvement any easier.
The Celtics need to start playing better basketball against the Cavs if they're serious about making a run at the title. They lost all four regular-season games to LeBron, and they can't count on an injury. Sure, it's important to worry about the immediate opponent, but the young Celtics need to have the mindset that they want 4 more new shots at LeBron. You can't be king of the castle by only knocking off the underlings; you also can't king of the castle based on the regular season alone—but we know that LeBron gets it done in the playoffs (especially against the Celtics in as of the Celtics' big 3) and we don't yet know that about the young Celtics.

*Yes, we know those aren't Sunday–Sunday dates. Gotta save something for the final couple days before the season, with the final regular season games taking place.

Last edited by AdamJones113; 07-22-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #26
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

April 8th, 2017

Stephen A. Smith broke news this morning that Chris Bosh wants out of Miami and will force his way out if Riley objects. Smith and others have said that Bosh & Wade have had talks behind close doors about playing together again. Wade failed to comment on the situation.

Oklahoma City sign PG Jordan Farmer to a 1-year deal late last night. The Thunder were looking to lock in another PG for the playoffs. Coach Donovan says Farmer's shooting ability and savvy will be extremely helpful in getting Westbrook rest when possible.

Mark Cuban wants Dirk to play one more year. "I'll empty the pocket book this offseason... Hell who's available? Chris Paul? Blake Griffin?" Both are on expiring contracts but it this postseason will likely determine the future direction for the Clippers.

Dwight Howard says he was making a "simple basketball play" when he was assessed a flagrant 1 when throwing LeBron James to the ground on a drive in the 3rd quarter. "Some players get special treatment you know" said Howard in his post game.

NBA prospect Chris Mitchell says he would love to don Celtic Green. The Celtics hold Brooklyn's likely #1 pick but insiders doubt that they will hold on to the pick as they are hoping to land a superstar using their draft assets.

"I say give em Co-MVP's. How you suppose to pick?" said Charles Barkley about the MVP race between Russell Westbrook & James Harden.

Kevin Durant declined to comment when asked about Russell Westbrook's triple double feat last night. Draymond Green had more to say - "Who gives a ****? He don't play for the Warriors do he? Do he?!"

The Wizards will go full throttle for the remainder o the season says John Wall. "Coach gonna let us play as much as we need to go get that 5th seed". Washington currently sits in a tie with Detroit for the 6th seed and is 2 games ahead of Chicago for the 8th seed.

Thibodeaux thinks his team is too soft as it's currently made up said a source close to the team. He is hoping to land Derrick Rose this offseason but more importantly he wants an enforcer.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by ronyell; 07-07-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #27
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

April 8th, 2017

at

Charlotte is a half game back of the 8th seed

Last edited by ronyell; 07-07-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #28
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith1
Huge signing for the Celtics!!!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Big move indeed. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:39 PM   #29
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

Old 03-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #30
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

Old 03-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #31
Rookie

bkeith1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
Sounds like Paul George had already checked out. Interested to see how this affects the Pacers in the Playoffs. Might be a 1st round exit.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #32
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

April 10th, 2017

Nuggets concerned that Jokic will not be available for playoffs. He has been out past 4 games with knee pain.

Jimmy Butler: "Rajon has his own agenda. I can't speak for him or anyone else on this team but I wanna win."

Mike Miller to retire at he end of the season

Phil Jackson: "I think Chris Paul would look good in a Knicks uni."

Dirk Retirement: "I think I still have at least 1 more season in me.

Russell Westbrook Injury: "I'm sure i'm fine... we'll get the MRI and go from there." - Russell Westbrook

Pistons are reporting that KCP is intent on testing the free agency waters and will not be signing a contract extension.

Rockets sign F Dorell Wright for the remainder of the season.

David Aldridge: The Knicks, Bulls & Pacers seasons and have been marred by management and players around the league have taken notice.

Jazz say their game tonight against the Warriors will be a statement game for them.

LeBron James: "I'm not too worried about Dwight Howard trying to get physical with me. I'm a tough guy. I can handle him."

Last edited by ronyell; 07-07-2017 at 11:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »