Home

Finally Arrived: A 76ers Dynasty

This is a discussion on Finally Arrived: A 76ers Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2017, 12:54 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Finally Arrived: A 76ers Dynasty

If you think about it, it's scary how good 76ers can become if everything plays out the way they have planned. You hit the jackpot with snatching the pick from the Lakers, which will just solidify the future of this team.

Great dynasty so far!
Old 05-19-2017, 07:11 AM   #18
Rookie

Byrne's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumode
If you think about it, it's scary how good 76ers can become if everything plays out the way they have planned. You hit the jackpot with snatching the pick from the Lakers, which will just solidify the future of this team.

Great dynasty so far!
Yeah this team is already being considered among the best in the NBA by 2K's rating system and no one in the starting 5 is even 24 years old lol. And I swear I didn't plan on stealing the Lakers pick but I certainly wasn't mad when it happened!

What are your thoughts on trading Okafor? I'm torn a bit, he's a valuable piece for sure but I feel the team is dangerously low on 3 shooting outside of Monk, and I'm not sure if a team designed like that can really win titles in today's NBA against squads like the Warriors or fully healthy Cleveland. I think the Clippers would be an interesting trade partner since in this dynasty they lost Deandre Jordan (making their starter Marreese Speights) and they have several veteran pieces that can shoot well.

Glad you like it so far!
Old 05-19-2017, 07:19 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, Okafor is someone to consider a trade asset. You can get pretty good returns for him and his off-court presence would suit bigger markets, in my opinion.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #20
Rookie

Byrne's Arena

Clutch Simmons helps Sixers hold off Thunder

Ben Simmons had the best night of his young career in a thriller against the Oklahoma City Thunder to help his team improve to 9-4. Simmons was relentless on drives to the basket, forcing 14 free throw attempts en route to 24 points to go along with 6 rebounds, 7 assists, and a steal. With 20 seconds left the game was tied at 103, but Simmons did not back down to the pressure. On an iso play he drove to the basket and forced a foul with 3 seconds left, sinking both free throws for the win. Joel Embiid racked up a nice double-double with 16 and 15. Amid trade rumors Jahlil Okafor played very few minutes and only scored one basket. For the other side, Russell Westbrook poured in 35 points but on a whopping 39 attempts as he often resorted to chucking ill-advised three pointers, making 3 of his 19 tries from beyond the arc. Victor Oladipo was efficient with 19 on 7-13.

Breaking News

Cleveland Cavaliers SF LeBron James goes down with a broken right thigh and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Fortunately for the Cavaliers Kyrie Irving just returned from an injury of his own, but it will be interesting to see how the standings fall as a result of this key injury.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:51 AM   #21
Rookie

Byrne's Arena

Sixers fall versus Nets and Cavs

Philadelphia (9-6) dropped a pair of winnable games this week, falling at home against the hapless Nets and then on the road versus the LeBron-less Cavaliers. Kyrie Irving was scorching hot, scoring 27 points on 11-15 shooting. Philadelphia continues to field a balanced scoring attack, but at times a dominant scorer is needed to keep up with the superstars other squads have. The inconsistency of Ben Simmons has some scratching their heads, with LeBron out he only managed 9 points on 3-13 against the Cavaliers. Rumors of a trade including Jahlil Okafor and TJ McConnell to the Clippers in exchange for Austin Rivers and Jamal Crawford were reported this week, but sources say Philly wants JJ Redick instead of Crawford in such a deal. Due to a recent signing Redick can't be traded until January 15th, so it will be interesting to see if the Sixers pull the trigger now or try to wait.

Big matchup coming up this Sunday night as the Sixers take on the Golden State Warriors (9-7). They may have lost Kevin Durant this offseason but they still field an elite roster. The trio of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green should prove a great challenge for the Sixers. Stay tuned to see how it goes!

Last edited by Byrne; 05-19-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2017, 10:10 AM   #22
Rookie

Byrne's Arena

Sixers rally falls short against Golden State

This highly anticipated matchup was as good as advertised, as the Sixers just barely fell short against Golden State, dropping their record to 9-7. It's not all bad, however, as Markelle Fultz demonstrated absolute superstar potential as he dueled Stephen Curry throughout the game. He put up a superb statline of 32 points (12-24 shooting) and 11 assists to complete a double-double. Dario Saric (24 points, 10-13 shooting) was also key, as his 3rd quarter explosion was key to keeping the game close. With the Sixers down as much as 20 in the 3rd quarter, many fans were wondering if the team was going to coast the rest of the way. That was not the case, as Philadelphia fought furiously and even tied the game late in the 4th. Stephen Curry (38 points, 13-29 shooting) was too much for Philly however. [Also, out of character real quick since I actually played this game: the way Curry is programmed in this game is RIDICULOUS. I was hounding him with Robert Covington, an elite defender, and he still was making stepback fadeaway 3s from nearly half court in the 4th quarter. Seriously come on]. Joel Embiid posted a career-high 19 rebounds in the loss. Ben Simmons was highly ineffective, posting only 2 points. He still provides value as a ball handler and a skilled passer, as he racked up 8 assists. Philly stays home this week as they take on the Sacramento Kings Tuesday night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »