Home

Fight Night Round 3 Impressions....

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 3 Impressions.... within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-20-2006, 01:25 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Fight Night Round 3 Impressions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
i like how it doesn't take 5-6 knockdowns to keep someone down
Me too. But I believe that last year as you went up in difficutly it took more knockdowns to score a KO.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #18
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Hey bro, were the HMs pretty easy to block to you, or R they just as fast as last year? Thanks
Old 02-20-2006, 01:33 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Hey bro, were the HMs pretty easy to block to you, or R they just as fast as last year? Thanks

they're not as fast as last years, i can tell u that much from the demo.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #20
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Okay, just popped it in. The first thing I wanted to do was test IGN's theory about the AI fighter just standing there if you don't move your fighter at all. I first changed the difficulty level to medium from easy, then chose my fighters. I chose Jake Lamotta (Middleweight) and fought against Duran (welterweight). I didn't move at all and was PUNISHED the first minute of the first round and was knocked down. I don't understand where they got that from.

I'm going to play for a few more minutes now...
Like I said, a lot of people took IGN's word as fact and that site has lied so many times in the past on reviews I couldn't understand it.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 02-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Thanks for the impressions. It's always appreciated when someone takes time away from a new game to come here and fill the rest of us in. Thank you!

P.S. I'm not sure what to make of the Stun Punch. I always liked the idea that you could stun an opponenet by countering and landing the right punch at the right time, not because I hit a special button. I have the same issue with baseball games where you press 'up' or hold down a shoulder button to go for a HR. HR and KO's/knockdowns should come from statistical breakdowns and perfectly timed contact.
Totally agree with you on the PS point. I mean in basketball games there's no "auto-score" button. It does add a bit of strategy though.

Thanks for the impressions to fishepa!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #22
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
This is my first year with Fight Night, so I'm not sure.

I also forgot to post about the in-between round stuff that goes on. First it shows a brief replay of some "highlights" of the previous round. I watched the first couple of them but IMO they don't really show much. The next thing you see is the other fighter getting a pep talk from his coach. Then it cuts to a hottie walking around the ring with the round number. After that you get the option to manually fix your cuts on your boxer or you can have them manually do it. I had no idea what I was doing so I let them do it.

Also when you get knocked down as I did in the first round, to get back up you have to move both thumbsticks and get these red circles to go into a green circle. I imagine if you get knocked down a couple of times this is much harder.

You guys can ask questions, but I don't know much since I only played for about 30 minutes.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:02 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Like I said, a lot of people took IGN's word as fact and that site has lied so many times in the past on reviews I couldn't understand it.
The AI may still be ridicuously easy. This is Fishepa's first installment of Fightnight and he KO'd a guy in 6 rounds after letting the Computer pummell him first. He may very well be able to go 70-1 just like the IGN guys.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The AI may still be ridicuously easy. This is Fishepa's first installment of Fightnight and he KO'd a guy in 6 rounds after letting the Computer pummell him first. He may very well be able to go 70-1 just like the IGN guys.

true, but he also did that super punch which EA claims can change the whole fight which is prolly what happened... he did go down in the first round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »