Home

Old 07-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
I give up.

Online is awful. You have a 5% chance of not facing a cheeser. The headbutting and body spamming is out of control. Even if I happen to beat one of them it's just not fun. Maybe I'll be back when they fix the stamina. Maybe. Off to the Madden Forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I give up.

for a person worried about cheesers, going to the Madden community is not a safe bet.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
for a person worried about cheesers, going to the Madden community is not a safe bet.
True. But I rarely play Madden online. The one good thing about the cheesers in FN is that it's over relatively quick. Nothing worse than playing a loooong game against a cheeser.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

I've never fought online and I've been reading the horror stories. I gave it a try...ONE try was all it took for me to see what everyone is talking about. I lost (granted, I'm not the greatest anyway) KO 2:51 R1 (which I didn't even try to get up on the 2nd knockdown). Final stats...I threw 27 punches to his 376.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
I've never fought online and I've been reading the horror stories. I gave it a try...ONE try was all it took for me to see what everyone is talking about. I lost (granted, I'm not the greatest anyway) KO 2:51 R1 (which I didn't even try to get up on the 2nd knockdown). Final stats...I threw 27 punches to his 376.
lol its impossible to throw 376 in less than a round. but i hear ya. elite online players are usually spammers with skill which makes them hard to beat, but its possible if your also highly skilled. but its still an infuriating experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I have never fought online, probably never will. I can enjoy a game offline just fine, especially a sports title.

Cheesers do baffle me though. I don't see how they can gain any satisfaction by winning in such a way. Perhaps they are a by-product of the steroid era.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I have never fought online, probably never will. I can enjoy a game offline just fine, especially a sports title.

Cheesers do baffle me though. I don't see how they can gain any satisfaction by winning in such a way. Perhaps they are a by-product of the steroid era.
The game offline was good. But I went through it already. Offline: Unplayable. Therefore: Done.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Pretty much done myself (with Online anyway). I'm not having a problem with spammers in that I'm losing, I just am tired of having to fight them.

The four fights I played tonight.

Fight 1: Middleweights. I'm Hearns, s/he's Pacquiao. They are a body spammer and I just sit back, jab-straight right, and when I get counter chances from their shot just falling short, I take it. Win by KO. Not a fun fight.

Fight 2: Heavyweights. I'm Lennox Lewis, s/he's Roy Jones Jr. Another body spammer. Get knocked down once, but get some counter chances from timing my blocks (which becomes easy since all they are doing is hooks to the body) Win by KO. Not a fun fight.

Fight 3: I'm Hearns, s/he's Carlos Monzon. Block spamming (going up and down rapidly) and Body Spammer. Keep my distance and weather the storm. Pick my shots. S/he's lets the in between rounds take the full time. Gets tired of me keeping my distance and decides to run and push. S/he's obviously trying to get me to quit the fight. Let's the next round break take the full time, starts with the illegal blows. One more in between round of the full time and gets fed up and gets DQed. Sends a "you run like a bitch" message after. I respond "It's called boxing." (and find it funny that someone who used such cheap tactics to fight, and then such cheap tactics to get me to quit, thinks I'm the "bitch" - XBox Gamertag "Ms KiKi" for those who want to avoid the player) ..... I win by DQ. Not a fun fight.

Fight 4: FINALLY someone who wants to box. I'm Hearns, s/he's Mosley. It's a great fight. I won the first round, but s/he takes most of the middle rounds. I knock her/him down and take a few of the later rounds to get close, but s/he knocks me down twice in the final round and gets the win. 96-91, 95-92, 95-92. Great fight. I lose, but have fun doing it.

....but, if I have to go through 3 or more of those BS, waste of time spammer fights to get to every 1 good fight....it's not worth it.

(And FWIW, I'm a Hagler fan in real life, I just like using Hearns since his style fits how I like to play the game. )

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »