Home

Now Floyd Mayweather has to see Pacquiao

This is a discussion on Now Floyd Mayweather has to see Pacquiao within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #17
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Now Floyd Mayweather has to see Pacquiao

I'll catch some heat for this but I could see PBF dropping Manny a couple times if they fight.

PBF's defense would frustrate the hell outta Manny.

Not all the time is it a boxer's power why they drop someone. It's that defense where they catch you slipping.

Either way...that fight has my money...early.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #18
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

There's a reason this fight can not happen and it's money. "Money" Mayweather will still claim that he is the cash cow and that he should be getting more than 50/50.

IMO Pac and Arum should get the better share because they are the ones people are paying to watch knock people out. If Mayweather loses, he will lose ticket sales because most of what's going for Mayweather is that he's undefeated and that he talks a good amount of smack.

They should just settle for 50/50, but Arum said he will not settle for that and like I said, Mayweather wants more.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

the fight between floyd and pac could go either way. if i had to choose i'd go with pac for 3 reasons.

-southpaw stance
-power in both hands
-punches from every where

personally i don't think we will ever see this fight but i hope i am wrong.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #20
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I meant Touched= Threatened.

My fault wrong word choice definitely. He was definitely tested by Miguel.

Manny proved last night he could take a true WW punch to the body and to the head.

However let's be real.. he was never truly threatened, which is what I should have said originally. Manny hasn't been truly threatened in a while.
That's the thing - he got hit and hit and hit. He tooks some shots that have rocked other welterweights. It's true he wasn't threatened, but let's be real - he wasn't threatened because he did EVERYTHING right and even when Cotto did connect, it didn't do anything.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
There's a reason this fight can not happen and it's money. "Money" Mayweather will still claim that he is the cash cow and that he should be getting more than 50/50.

IMO Pac and Arum should get the better share because they are the ones people are paying to watch knock people out. If Mayweather loses, he will lose ticket sales because most of what's going for Mayweather is that he's undefeated and that he talks a good amount of smack.

They should just settle for 50/50, but Arum said he will not settle for that and like I said, Mayweather wants more.
If the PPV buys are near the same or a few less than the 1 million buys PBF had and Bob Arum doesn't go with a 50/50 split then I would have to agree with PBF not to take the fight. Bob Arum is a crook just like Don King and a fighter would be a complete idiot to fight for less if you are a bigger or same draw as Pacman. So these numbers will be critical
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #22
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
This fight will happen by next Summer
I hope your right. I'd love to see it happen that soon.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #23
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
That's the thing - he got hit and hit and hit. He tooks some shots that have rocked other welterweights. It's true he wasn't threatened, but let's be real - he wasn't threatened because he did EVERYTHING right and even when Cotto did connect, it didn't do anything.
Um that's exactly what I already said in a sense.

This is why I wouldn't be shocked at all if Pac beat PB. As I said before Pac has displayed an improved defensive game, and has proven he can take shots from a true WW.

I also think PB's speed isn't that much greater, if at all, than Pac's. They're both lighting quick and have instincts like no other.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #24
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
I hope your right. I'd love to see it happen that soon.
With the public calling for this there's no way PB is going to be able to duck this.

Manny already called him out before his fight with Cotto. Now Pac is being somewhat coy about the possible bout but you can tell he wants the shot.

There is nobody else out there for PB nor Pac except for Shane. Is that incorrect?

I fully expect them to come to a 50/50 or 55/45 [when was the last big bout that had this?] deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »