Home

Fight Night Champion Blog: A Quick Look at Gameplay with Video

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Blog: A Quick Look at Gameplay with Video within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Fight Night Champion Blog: A Quick Look at Gameplay with Video

I agree Dave. I am sorry many of you don't want to see the Champion story mode. But after I played 30 mins into it, I did not want to quit. It was intense and came off like a great story. Maybe not the most original but still very entertaining.

All I know is FNC will offer me many modes to enjoy. Legacy, CAB, Champion(story), and Online.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I agree Dave. I am sorry many of you don't want to see the Champion story mode. But after I played 30 mins into it, I did not want to quit. It was intense and came off like a great story. Maybe not the most original but still very entertaining.

All I know is FNC will offer me many modes to enjoy. Legacy, CAB, Champion(story), and Online.
I think the story mode is actually a welcome addition. the problem is most of us see it as something that is not addressing the immediate issues with the game. And should only be added after the gameplay has been "perfected". it tends to feel as if this mode will have taken away precious gameplay development time for "fluff"
Old 01-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
I think the story mode is actually a welcome addition. the problem is most of us see it as something that is not addressing the immediate issues with the game. And should only be added after the gameplay has been "perfected". it tends to feel as if this mode will have taken away precious gameplay development time for "fluff"
I understand that but it is not like 3 guys are working on the game. They have a crew dedicated to gameplay WHILE they have another crew working on CHAMPION mode. So it is not like they can't work on both at the same time. I think that is the biggest misconception people always look at. Just because they are working on something else does not mean they are not working on gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #52
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I understand that but it is not like 3 guys are working on the game. They have a crew dedicated to gameplay WHILE they have another crew working on CHAMPION mode. So it is not like they can't work on both at the same time. I think that is the biggest misconception people always look at. Just because they are working on something else does not mean they are not working on gameplay.
If they gave us a greatly improved legacy mode, no one would be complaining. The fact that legacy mode has received only a mediocre improvement is the reason why people are being vocal.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
If they gave us a greatly improved legacy mode, no one would be complaining. The fact that legacy mode has received only a mediocre improvement is the reason why people are being vocal.
Yea but that is something none of us can change. EA has a direction they want to take the franchise. I may not agree and you may not agree, but in the end we can only tell them how we want it.

So my point is singing the same song over and over will do nothing to change Fight Night Champion, it is made and designed this way. So either you send them your complaints on the design or you accept it.

Now I agree with letting the devs know the areas you are unhappy with. But that does not happen by talking about it. You must relay those issues to the devs themselves. So if everyone e-mailed their issues to these members it would be more "in their face" rather than a Q&A team researching on forums relaying back to them "their findings".

So in the end, e-mail them your complaints.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Yea but that is something none of us can change. EA has a direction they want to take the franchise. I may not agree and you may not agree, but in the end we can only tell them how we want it.

So my point is singing the same song over and over will do nothing to change Fight Night Champion, it is made and designed this way. So either you send them your complaints on the design or you accept it.

Now I agree with letting the devs know the areas you are unhappy with. But that does not happen by talking about it. You must relay those issues to the devs themselves. So if everyone e-mailed their issues to these members it would be more "in their face" rather than a Q&A team researching on forums relaying back to them "their findings".

So in the end, e-mail them your complaints.
More like email them your complaints AND accept it. Hell, cant do anything but accept what we have at this point ya know lol.

I suppose I'll try out the story mode once and see what the deal is. I'll probably just end up ignoring it. Its similar to Hajime. There's a story there also but you might as well say it doesn't exist as I've NEVER payed attention to it. Couldn't tell you the least bit of info about it.

If it was open ended, I'd look into it a bit more. Other than that, nah. We'll see.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 24

So what I'm seeing here is that the legacy mode is pretty much the same as FN4 or at best incremental changes. What happened to all these significant improvements to legacy by those with sneak previews who said we would all be extremely happy with what they did with that aspect for FN Champion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
So what I'm seeing here is that the legacy mode is pretty much the same as FN4 or at best incremental changes. What happened to all these significant improvements to legacy by those with sneak previews who said we would all be extremely happy with what they did with that aspect for FN Champion.
Where did you read that??? I was one of those at community day and I NEVER said legacy mode had significant improvements. Now I did say over and over that the gameplay saw many great improvements. Here is the list of blogs I wrote covering the game after community day.

Blog #1
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ay-legacy.html

Blog #2
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...questions.html

Last edited by Phobia; 01-27-2011 at 02:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »