Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #25

OVR: 34
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360) PS3 Tonight

I have done a complete 180 on my impressions since yesterday. I have yet to see anyone really exploit anything except maybe the body jab, but you can get out of it by stepping. I was also wrong about headbutts. It appears you can throw them and then immediately hit with another punch. Very lame. Someone did it to me, stunned me and knocked me down.

The demo gives me a good impression and I'll definitely be getting this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360) PS3 Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
The demo is already up for the 360...the PS3 demo will be up later today with their regular update
Oh okay thanks for not flaming me lol...I had to update mine today so I thought it should have already came on the ps3 but I guess I will try later...When it does update anyone wanna fight online? My psn is Razorblade25.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0
I really feel that some of the complaints are unwarranted. None of my fights turn into slugfests and I have no problem throwing single shots or 2 punch combinations. The counter game is especially good but at the same time it can not be abused against a good competitor which is awsome. Really there seems to be very little cheese factor. I at first was concerned about the one button block, but with proper timeing and varying your shots it still seems to have a very realistic result. Also the fspc is really in improvement. though in round 4 fighting skilled opponents resulted in realistic looking matches playing less skilled opponents who could not throw hooks and uppercuts properly made the game look fairly dumb i.e boxers throwing straight rights 8 consecutive times or non stop hooks to the body with a sinlge hand. the fights alwasy look very good. And the fight will not be a SLUGFEST if you up your skill, learn how to counter and create space properly. If you do that then you will hope for your opponents to come in guns blazing. Thats how I get my KOs. Also the reach seems to be well implemented as you now can be effective with shorter fighters by jumping in but still box from the outside with ali. This game is very impressive from a gameplay perspective.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Some excellent impressions from quality OS members here.
I'm loving what I'm hearing. It really sounds like you can actually "BOX" in this game and that a good strategy will defeat button/stick-mashers out there.

Can't wait to d/l this tonight and give it a whirl.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #29
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

money you playing on ps3 or xbox
Old 02-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Old 02-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #31
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Phobes, let's get some fights in. You down?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Phobes, let's get some fights in. You down?
I am at work till 5:00 pm central

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »