Home

Gary Zeigler; coaching extraordinaire.

This is a discussion on Gary Zeigler; coaching extraordinaire. within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Back to our winning was again versus the Pack, 41-31 (garbage time points for them with 14 late). Brees did enough, 27/42-324-1-0. Neysmith also threw a late td pass. Bush was very good once again, on the ground 23-90-3 and through the air 12-158-1. Morgan caught the other score. (Btw, before the game I signed Vernon Davis to start at TE, and am looking to extend him another year).

Surprisingly, we had no sacks (despite his poor ratings, Rodgers, the starter, has world class qb coaches and a very quick release). Trufant did get him once, however. We need to stop giving up yards through the air, it happens when we have no pass rush, as Rodgers was 26/42-362-3-1. Grant was alright for them, 23-70-0, but we still **** gaps and came up with 11 TFLs. That put us at 9-2 and GB at 4-7, at Tampa in what is likely a division take all game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #26
MVP

Boy, if I meet the Bucs in the playoffs, I am screwed. Our offense has no life against them, though our defense played great compared to my first game with them, as we lost in IT 16-13. Brees was terrible against the vaunted cover 2, going 29/51-272-1-2, Colston catching his score. Bush also had no room on the ground, just being able to get 29 on 11, though he caught 16 for 109.

We did get after it on defense though, collect 5 sacks, 2 by Smith and Campbell, one by Dumervil. Jones did enough on the ground, 25-69-1, as little passing success was found by either team. Garcia was just 16/24-215-0-0. Campbell had 5 TFLs to lead our team that had 14. We moved to 9-3 and they to 10-2, as we are now looking like we will wind up with the 3 seed. (Dallas has 2 losses as of now)

Again, if I meet them in the playoffs, I might be looking at an exit.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:11 AM   #27
MVP

Week 14 versus the Falcons produced a lot less offense, but still could be considered a blowout, as we took it 28-14. Believe or not, we were down at the half by 7, but Brees got hot, finishing 25/38-303-3-1. Bush didn't rush much, but still punched one in, finishing 9-33-1 on the ground, and exploding through the air 13-153-1. Colston and Mirgan caught Brees' other scores.

We only had 2 sacks, Grant and Dumervil, but Green was too inefficient following halftime, finishing 22/41-303-1 to Joe Horn. Turned punched one in and was decent with 79 on 22. We had a quiet day in the TFL department with just 4, but nothing special was needed by our team.

With that we move to 9-3, going to Chicago for a Thursday night game (all NFC north battles have been non-Sunday this year, 2 Monday nighters with GB and Min, now a Thursday game. Quirky; in Detroit following Chicago is on a Sunday though)

In statistical news, Brees went over 4000 this year, Colston and Bush recorded their 100th receptions, and Dumervil got his 15th sacks. Peppers also remains unsigned, as right now he will be my play. 1 hole to fill in the front seven and he would do it (Smith was not resigned). In HC news, intangible Qb was raised to level 3 and Qb learning to level 2.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #28
MVP

Before I post an update on the bears game- I did win, shocker- bad news out of the trainer's office. Reggie "touchdown" Bush is out 5-8 weeks with a broken tibia. This is terrible and essentially eliminates us from Super Bowl contention; Cason will serve as backup and is serviceable, but not the receiver Bush is not the touchdown runner Bush is. If week can advance deep we may have Hume for a conference championship or maybe even the Super Bowl, though I doubt I'll make it that far.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Gary Zeigler; coaching extraordinaire.

It's a bit late now, but it might have been a good idea to trade for Kevin Faulk before the deadline. I remember he's got a high Catch rating.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #30
MVP

Week 15 against the Bears was a cakewalk on defense, not so much on offense, but we still won 23-7. Their td came in "god mode". Brees was bad against the vaunted Bears cover 2 (the defense I struggle with the most on offense, if I face a team with a cover 2 in the playoffs, I will struggle). Brees finished 22/49-233-0-2. When the game was in hand, Neysmith came in and threw a TD, somehow. As I mentioned, Bush got hurt early in this one, so Cason picked up the slack, 17-70-0 on the ground, just 3-23 through the air. Colston caught Neysmiths touchdown.

Their offense was a joke. Henne started and was 17/42-194-1-2 with a touchdown to B Johnson. Julius Jones was their starter at halfback, and could only finish 19-10-0. We sacked Henne thrice, and Rivers and Trufant recorded the picks. We collected 14 TFLs, lead by 4 from both Vilma and Suggs. Next week is at Detroit.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #31
MVP

Week 16 at Detroit was close one that we won 29-22. Again, a good receiving pair and the Cover 2 give me problems. Brees was good minus the picks, going 27/39-345-2-3. Cason made the start, but he got hurt early on, so FB Karnay and HB Ron Dayne tagged teamed it. Cason managed to score on the ground before going down, however. Who really picked us up was Karnay, in fact, catching both of Brees' touchdowns and finishing 6-123-2.

If they can get a better offensive coach they'll be very dangerous. Andre Woodson is the starter and was decent, finishing 21/36-293-1-1. We hold Morency to a 2.9 average; but he still finished 33-98. Megatron was alright, 8-106-1. Smith had 2 sacks and Campbell 1, Trufant collected the pick. 16 TFLs were split amongst 6 players, none with less than 2. That moved us to 12-3 and still in the hunt for possibly a 2 seed, next up against Carolina at home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #32
MVP

Week 17 was bad news for the Panthers, as we downed them behind Neysmith 27-14. Brees played about a quarter and a half, and was 9/20-84-1, while Neysmith took over and went 10-16-139-2-1. Cason was back for this game, and it showed, even though he was just 12-51-0 on the ground, he caught a score (Colston and Morgan caught the others).

We sacked them a good number of times (6) 2 by Campbell, who added 4 TFLs. Delhomme also sat, not by choice however, as we injured him. He was alright, 9/16-111-1, and Moore was a lot worse, finishing just 5/16-109-1-2, Trufant and Rivers finding the ball in the air. On the ground, Williams was bad, just being able to muster 12 on 18. We had 11 TFLs.

With that win we move to 13-3 and end up with a 3 seed. I'll post standing later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »