Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-13-2021, 09:14 AM   #8441
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
the fake slide thing was weird, if you begin a slide you're down where you begin the slide, so if you fake a slide, you're down where you begin the fake slide

so whether you slide or not, you're down
I don't know how the rule was already phrased, but if the QB was already dead when he began the slide, then Pickett's run should have been declared down anyway because he began to slide. I'd be surprised if the rule said anything about having to complete it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2021, 05:16 PM   #8442
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Roughly two weeks into taking the job, Lincoln Riley has had 10 players enter the transfer portal, including today's addition of starting QB Kedon Slovis.
Old 12-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #8443
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Roughly two weeks into taking the job, Lincoln Riley has had 10 players enter the transfer portal, including today's addition of starting QB Kedon Slovis.

I would be curious to know how many players on teams going through coaching changes have seen players enter the transfer portal.

My guess is that there are a lot of players transferring in response to change at the program and the freedom of movement offered by the portal in general is making transferring more common and more normal. For example, I know there is a handful of players at Virginia who have entered the portal since Bronco Mendenhall suddenly stepped down, even as he’s staying with the team through UVA’s bowl game.

Speaking to USC directly, they were like 5-7 this year, right? I doubt many of those players were going to be the ones Lincoln Riley was going to count on to pull the Trojans back up to the top of the mountain in the PAC-12. Kedon Slovis in particular was fighting for playing time with freshman Jaxson Dart by the end of the season.
Old 12-13-2021, 05:39 PM   #8444
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

I do know that only two schools this year haven't had a single player enter the portal, Georgia and Texas Tech of all teams.

Especially following the COVID year, with the NCAA giving everyone one free transfer without having to sit out. And very, very many players have taken advantage of that.

But I don't have exact numbers.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:49 PM   #8445
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Spencer Rattler and Austin Stogner announce they're both headed to the South Carolina Gamecocks.

Head coach Shane Beamer was the associate head coach/TE coach at Oklahoma from 2018-2020, so they're reuniting with him.

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 12-13-2021 at 11:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2021, 01:58 AM   #8446
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
the USC QB thing has been interesting for years, it's like they always have some stud who gets hurt, another stud takes over and the original guy transfers, then the new guy gets hurt, the next stud takes over... rinse, repeat

There was Cody Kessler, and I don't even remember who he took over for, and he lost it to Sam Darnold, who beat out Max Browne, then JT Daniels took over, he got hurt, then Slovis took over, he got hurt, then Jaxson Dart took over...

revolving door of stud QBs
Old 12-14-2021, 07:25 AM   #8447
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I just think, and maybe I am old school to a fault at times, that if a QB goes past the LOS and becomes a runner that they should be treated like any other ball carrier.
Actually they are. Any ball carrier can slide to give themselves up to end a play without getting hit. It's not a rule specific to qbs. Qbs are just pretty much the only ones who use it.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:25 AM   #8448
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Bo Nix announced on Instagram that he is entering the transfer portal as a graduate transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can only speculate based on rumors with Bo Nix.

I'm just wondering how the behind the scenes conversations went with Harsin. Perhaps he wouldn't guarantee him the starting job next year. With a broken ankle I assumed he would return and would have to lose the job. It mostly sucks because for the first time he showed real improvement this year.

To his credit he's had 2 head coaches, 3 offensive coordinators, a poor offensive line, etc. When he's had good protection he's been a good QB. He's a legacy quarterback who fulfilled his commitment by getting the degree and is free to do whatever he thinks is best for him. It's hard to call a kid a quitter when they were playing on a broken ankle.

Auburn should be fine. 4* Holden Geriner is going to sign on Wednesday after winning the State Championship and perhaps Auburn's best kept secret Dematrius Davis who is one of winningest quarterbacks in Texas HS history took a redshirt this past year. Dude had 13,583 total yards of offense, 171 touchdowns, 2 state titles, and a 51-3 record as a starter.

I think TJ Finley is a great person but I don't see a future for him as a quarterback at Auburn. I'm curious if he's going to hit the portal again.

Auburn's big issue is going to be fixing this offensive line which has been a problem for 8 years and receiver depth. The assumption right now is that Harsin hires Seattle Seahawks QB coach Austin Davis to replace Mike Bobo as OC.

Last edited by AUChase; 12-14-2021 at 09:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »