Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #7745
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: College Football Off Topic

Tennessee has 40+ players out and cancelled the scrimmage. Most are out for precautions or injuries, but a handful have tested positive.

If the players relax it will be hard to stay safe the whole season. It's better to get it over with now, but those players could have cost their team a game if this happened during the season.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #7746
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Tennessee has 40+ players out and cancelled the scrimmage. Most are out for precautions or injuries, but a handful have tested positive.

If the players relax it will be hard to stay safe the whole season. It's better to get it over with now, but those players could have cost their team a game if this happened during the season.

Look these teams that are playing are putting all these players at risk. And by not disclosing the raw numbers they're literally putting other players in terrible position when it comes to opting out. If you don't know. Your can't know how well it's being controlled or the situation overall. Maybe some school are actually doing a great job. But that doesn't sound like it. I'm sure they are going with a "they will get through it". That's pretty sad.

But there will be a few games cancelled. If this is happening already. It's definitely going to happen once things get going.

Edit:I truly hope no players get any poor. The last thing I want to see is a player having a heart on the field.

Last edited by jeebs9; 09-05-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:45 PM   #7747
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

What is going on with some of these programs? It seems like the majority of schools are having no issues keeping covid away, but some schools are just having large amounts of problems.

― Plato
Old 09-05-2020, 08:41 PM   #7748
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
What is going on with some of these programs? It seems like the majority of schools are having no issues keeping covid away, but some schools are just having large amounts of problems.
Remember what I said earlier in the thread. I worry that other schools are not telling the truth aka hiding the numbers and making it seem like everything is fine. There is no special sauce lol. And if there is. Why the **** wouldn't they share to other schools so they could keep sports and all that other stuff going? Like as a conference opponent wouldn't you want that info to spread to other opponents to keep a true bubble?

Yeah..... No
https://twitter.com/SGTVNews4/status...205130242?s=19

I know these are kids. So I can totally understand. But let's stop playing these games. They aren't safer on campus

Last edited by jeebs9; 09-05-2020 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:29 PM   #7749
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Remember what I said earlier in the thread. I worry that other schools are not telling the truth aka hiding the numbers and making it seem like everything is fine. There is no special sauce lol. And if there is. Why the **** wouldn't they share to other schools so they could keep sports and all that other stuff going? Like as a conference opponent wouldn't you want that info to spread to other opponents to keep a true bubble?

Yeah..... No
https://twitter.com/SGTVNews4/status...205130242?s=19

I know these are kids. So I can totally understand. But let's stop playing these games. They aren't safer on campus
They are only safer on campus if they are following the protocols and living in the football dorms. If they have them take online classes, only eat in the team facilities, and leave them with no free time on Sunday & Saturday night if not playing.

Generally the players have no time during the season except for Saturday after the game until Monday. So if they aren't playing they have plenty of time and would probably be there partying with the rest of the students.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:35 PM   #7750
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Tennessee has <10 with covid symptoms, but because of contact tracing they have a bunch of others out.

Part of it is individual players, how much players are interacting with the rest of the students, when practice started, when students came back, and were the state is at in there current curve.

If the state has a lot of cases, then the students bring it with them, so if the players are not isolated enough, they will end up catching it.

Old 09-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #7751
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
They are only safer on campus if they are following the protocols and living in the football dorms. If they have them take online classes, only eat in the team facilities, and leave them with no free time on Sunday & Saturday night if not playing.

Generally the players have no time during the season except for Saturday after the game until Monday. So if they aren't playing they have plenty of time and would probably be there partying with the rest of the students.

The NCAA doesn't allow dorms for athletes-only anymore. Dorms can't be occupied by more than 50% athletes because they would have special treatment from the rest of the student body.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #7752
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/tex...p?t=6bd503ca4c

A postgame celebration is being blamed for a COVID-19 outbreak within the Memphis football program that could jeopardize the University of Houston’s season opener.

The Memphis Commercial Appeal reported Friday that at least 20 people within the Tigers football program tested positive for COVID-19 and are currently in a 10-day isolation, a timetable that could impact UH’s Sept. 18 game at Memphis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »