Home

ehh's All-Conference Sliders (360)

This is a discussion on ehh's All-Conference Sliders (360) within the College Hoops 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
ehh's All-Conference Sliders (360)

First I'd like to thank Tomba as I used his sliders for my base set. I did my tweaking from there. I think his game/player speed is perfect, after going to anything else it feels like games are being played in fast forward and it looks very awkward.

As usual, I do not look at total stats such as FG attempts per game and things of that nature, if you're a diehard stats guy these might not be for you. One game I played against Marquette with Michigan, they attempted 67 FG's, 27 three's, 6 FT's. BC took 48 FG's, 20 three's and 16 FT's.

I'm going to post two sets, basic and advanced. The 2K vets may find basic too easy, so you may try advanced.

Anything not listed is default.

Gameplay (same for both sets)
Difficulty: All-Conference
Half Length: 14 minutes
Game Speed: 38
Player Speed: 80

Fouls (same for both sets)
Charging: 100
Blocking: 100
Reaching: 75
Shooting: 75
Loose Ball: 100

The Basic Set
User Layup Success: 55
User Dunk Success: 48
CPU Inside Range: 45
CPU Mid Range: 45
CPU Three Pt Range: 47
CPU Layup Success: 55
CPU Dunk Success 48

User Block: 10
User Steal: 35
CPU Block: 0
CPU Steal: 20

User Screen Success: 100
User Screen Strength: 100
User Steal Success: 35
User Help Defense: 10
CPU Screen Success: 65
CPU Screen Strength: 100
CPU Steal Success: 65
CPU Help Defense: 0

The Advanced Set
User IRS: 49
User MRS: 49
User 3PT: 49
User Dunk Success: 48
CPU Inside Range: 47
CPU Mid Range: 47
CPU Three Pt Range: 47
CPU Layup Success: 55
CPU Dunk Success: 48

User Ball Handling: 35
User Block: 0
User Steal: 20
CPU Block: 0
CPU Steal: 20

User Screen Success: 100
User Screen Strength: 100
User Steal Success: 20
User Help Defense: 0
CPU Screen Success: 65
CPU Screen Strength: 100
CPU Steal Success: 65
CPU Help Defense: 0

Good luck and thanks for trying if you do!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: ehh's All-Conference Sliders (360)

Thanks although I am on the PS3 I think these will work for my dynasty starting tonight. You and I have a lot of the same ideas on these sliders that I am seeing and that is why I was wanting you to post your set for me to try. I would also like to thank Tomba his sliders were the best set I used and I adjusted them based on my skill level, but as Ehh said Tomba got the game perfect with his speed settings.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

When I played with 38 gamespeed, it really seemed like the players were moving in molasses. I had been playing on 63 gamespeed, 57 player speed.

After watching a few college games on ESPN though, I realized that speed was too fast. Now I am at 51 gamespeed, 62 or 63 for playerspeed. Doesn't 38 seem TOO slow though?
Old 12-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Put player speed at 80 though and for some reason seems the exact pace a game shold be played
Old 12-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
MVP

wow, i have never messed with this. what is game speed? what is player speed? is game speed the speed the seconds tick off while player speed is the speed that players move relative to the clock? that makes no sense because you could just get that by adding minutes to the halves. what do these speeds do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

It seems to me that gamespeed is the speed of general play movement and ball movement. Playerspeed seems to effect the speed of animations.

Everybody is swearing up and down on the 38/80 combo. I guess I will give that a shot, but man did 38 feel like space ball when I tried it previously.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I think what this 30/80 allows for is the CPU (and our non-controlled) defenders not to move faster than a ball when it's passed. This has been a horrid problem, IMO, in basketball games for years and it's even worse in college games because you face zone defenses. Go back and play CH2k5 or 6 on Xbox or PS2. Get the ball on the wing and try to throw it into the block to your big man. The wing defender will move as faster or faster than the passed ball and be right there to defender you big man - awful.

Now you can ping the ball around the perimeter, reverse it, swing it, whatever you want to call it and now the CPU defender will not be moving at the same speed as the passed basketball.

This is one of the reasons why I'm loving 2k8 more than any basketball game I've played.

EDIT: Also, if that's not to your liking than simply change it to your own liking. It shouldn't affect the rest of the slider set.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I think what this 30/80 allows for is the CPU (and our non-controlled) defenders not to move faster than a ball when it's passed. This has been a horrid problem, IMO, in basketball games for years and it's even worse in college games because you face zone defenses. Go back and play CH2k5 or 6 on Xbox or PS2. Get the ball on the wing and try to throw it into the block to your big man. The wing defender will move as faster or faster than the passed ball and be right there to defender you big man - awful.

Now you can ping the ball around the perimeter, reverse it, swing it, whatever you want to call it and now the CPU defender will not be moving at the same speed as the passed basketball.

This is one of the reasons why I'm loving 2k8 more than any basketball game I've played.

EDIT: Also, if that's not to your liking than simply change it to your own liking. It shouldn't affect the rest of the slider set.
I'm definitely gonna give it a shot, but I'm hoping it doesn't affect my stats in terms of FG attempts/game. I'm getting just the right amount. I'll let you know what I find.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Sliders »