Home

Just bought ps3 version and disappointed

This is a discussion on Just bought ps3 version and disappointed within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-01-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Just bought ps3 version and disappointed

I want to start out by saying that I have been a long time 2k fan and have enjoyed the college hoops series as well as the nba for what seems like forever. I also want to say that I love this years NBA game and was hoping for much of the same with a few minor enhancements tailored towards the college game.

Unfortunately I have come away very disappointed and perhaps you may help me in this as I don't want to throw in the towel with this quite yet.

Ok now to the problems I am having with this game.

1. I am used to using the 2k camera in nba but for some reason in college its unplayable to me. The framerate is just horrendous.

Is there a particular setting for the camera that will make my game less twitchy? Also on that matter, I usually like a slower paced game and have tried putting my game speed and player speed setting down to 40 to try and help things a bit. This hasnt seemed to work much.

2. What happened to the play marker that is in NBA? I love that thing as it lets me know where to go on each play.

Please tell me there is a setting to resolve this issue

3. I also loved using the isomotion on nba whereas you hit L1 I think it is and then your left stick sets the moves. Why did college 2k8 decide to make me hit circle or triangle in order to do this? I miss triangle as my hop step.

Am I missing something again?

I do hope that someone out there can resolve these three problems for me and that its just my lack of familiarity with this years version that is causing this and not a the actual game itself.

Mahalo in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #2
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Just bought ps3 version and disappointed

Wow, sorry to hear that, man.

!. Not too sure how to resolve this. I use the 2k camera too, and I haven't had any problems with framerate. I have the zoom set to 9 and the height to 6. I also have a 26" LCD HDTV hooked up via HDMI. I also like using the showtime camera, again no probs with framerate.

2. In game, press up on the d-pad (I think) and the first option is display plays...set to display all. This can also be changed in the main menu under coach settings.

3. One of the controller layouts is the same and NBA 2K. Not too sure exactly which one it is but I know it's in there.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by djcorrosive; 02-01-2008 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Addition to answer 2
Old 02-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

The broadcast camera works pretty well like you see on TV.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
The broadcast camera works pretty well like you see on TV.
...but he likes the 2K camera which is pointed up the court so that you run "into" your tv to get to your basket and not side to side.

On my 360 I have no framerate issues, but that probably doesn't help you any.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-02-2008, 04:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for the help, while its helped a little as far as controls and play calling goes, I still cant seem to find a camera angle that doesnt stutter. Does the zooming in effect this?

Also what speed do most people play on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2008, 05:24 AM   #6
Rookie

I spoke to early as I still havent figured out how to do iso on my left stick. Or at least I cant get it to work for me like nba 2k8
Old 02-02-2008, 05:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I believe some people who are used to 2k camera but wants an alternative that have minimal to framerate issues uses "high"

I do not have framerate issues on my ps3, maybe because I have an 1080p capable tv connected via HDMI
Old 02-02-2008, 06:27 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewhiz
I spoke to early as I still havent figured out how to do iso on my left stick. Or at least I cant get it to work for me like nba 2k8

There isn't a controller option with iso tied to the LS like in NBA 2K8. People ever love it or hate it but it should be an option. Controller option C uses the NBA button config.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »