Home

College Hoops 2K15: What Could Have Been

This is a discussion on College Hoops 2K15: What Could Have Been within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dang, NCAA 10 did have awesome presentation w/ CBS and ESPN. Made the game feel Big-Time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #26
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
My hope has died for another college sports title. The first problem is player compensation - or lack thereof - for likeness usage. The second problem is (or was) the NCAA getting greedy for the use of their license. That cost alone essentially priced 2K out of the college hoops market. The third problem now is conferences receiving autonomy. Want to have a fully-licensed collegiate game? Have to go out to each conference, negotiate, and pay them all a piece of the pie. I readily admit I have no interest in playing a game that doesn't have all the licenses. That makes the experience - aside from the gameplay, of course.

Extremely unfortunate. It will always be disappointing, but the time has come to move on.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:34 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 21
Wow I really miss my new college hoops games every year! PLEASE EA or 2K, make one again. We don't have one for the new systems! In the meantime, enjoy my updated rosters for the 14-15 season:

-PS3- NCAA Basketball10: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-ncaa-basketball-rosters/816520-download-new-14-15-ncaa-b-10-ps3-rosters-here.html

-PS2- March Madness 2004: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/other-basketball-games/831539-march-madness-2004-ps2-14-15-roster.html
Old 03-15-2015, 07:05 PM   #28
Rookie

Brave22's Arena

OVR: 5
I come back to this game in a VERY strong way every single year around tournament time...

I miss it greatly, and sadly, because of GREED, I'm not sure many of us will see another licensed collegiate basketball game in our time...

Just sad really to kick the consumers simply because of a money grab.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:36 PM   #29
MVP

It's a shame that this game never game to PC
Old 03-15-2015, 11:41 PM   #30
Rookie

Re: College Hoops 2K15: What Could Have Been

At least an arcade game of it would be good
Old 03-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #31
Banned

One gripe I had with both college hoops games was the weekly rankings, seeding mechanism and results for and from the NCAA tourney. Many times a #1 seed got bounced by a #16 seed by 30-plus points in the first round of the tournament.. I would see teams with 9 losses ranked in the top 5. I would hope that the logic powering those areas would have been improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #32
Just started!

I am a former sports game dev.
I am a huge college hoops fan as well.

Bringing back college sports gaming is something I'd love to do. If the noise here gets loud enough, I could use your enthusiasm to help gain momentum and get something off the ground. I am just one man, but with enough support...ANYTHING can happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »