Home

Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons

This is a discussion on Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #25
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons

Great thread. I'm wondering if you guys that have both had to choose only one, which one would you keep? I have the ps4 and haven't picked up my preorder from bestbuy yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #26
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

If only Nintendo was on the same page as these guys power wise and had the same guaranteed third party support. It wouldn't even be a question with the exclusives.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #27
Pro

Trapper700's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Overall though, if you're not worried about PS4 exclusives, the XB1 is easily the more sturdy and put together system when looking at it in terms of noise, heat dissipation, etc.
I would disagree here.

Here is the PS4's heat and sound stats:

And here is the Xbox One equivalent:

The Xbox One runs hotter under load while also drawing less power, despite being designed large in size in order to avoid heat problems again and having a large external power brick.

The 1dB of difference in noise is barely perceptible, unless you have your ear up to the machine or are a dog/cat.

If you look at the device teardowns, Microsoft didn't even bother to put a huge heatsink for their CPU. Unlike choosing a beefy bastard like a Noctua C14, they went with a really thin low profile cooler and a very big duct. The fan is like twice the height of the heatsink and 1/4 of it is some plastic duct. This leads to it dissipating the heat slower than the PS4, leading to higher temperatures.

If they're going to do it like this, of course its not going to be realistically quieter than the PS4, which has what seems to be a vapour chamber heatsink that is attached to the large metal EMI shield via heatpipes.

I'm of the opinion that the engineers over at Sony are wizards to make this thing so small, effective at keeping cool and still manage to find a way to cram an internal power supply in there.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 16

A bit off topic, but I figured this would be the best place to get an answer...Im in the process of getting both systems, which games would you recommend for each system? Thanks.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 11-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #29
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
And that's a good enough reason.

Overall though, if you're not worried about PS4 exclusives, the XB1 is easily the more sturdy and put together system when looking at it in terms of noise, heat dissipation, etc.

In terms of gaming, it looks like the PS4 is slightly more powerful... or at least developers have been able to optimize their games for Sony's system.

If you're ONLY going to be gaming - the PS4 is a clear-cut winner. If you want to do more, I would be investing in the XB1. It's an entertainment centerpiece that the PS4 could have been, much like the PS3 tried to be.
Hit the nail here

We know our gadgets and the XB1 is that.

I just wish that the PS4 was backwards compatible with certain ps3 games esp GTA5 that would be amazing
Old 11-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #30
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

XBox1 controller rumble is the craziest thing about it games like forza 5 make it feel like you have the engine in your hands

PS4 controller is almost perfect
Old 11-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Hit the nail here

We know our gadgets and the XB1 is that.

I just wish that the PS4 was backwards compatible with certain ps3 games esp GTA5 that would be amazing
I plan on keeping my PS3. Worst case it's just a Bluray player. Not worth trading in for 100 bucks I have too many games left to play on it. Thankfully I don't need the money when I plan to upgrade to the PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #32
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Ok, after one week with the PS4 and one night with the XBone this is where I am at...

The PS4 is definitely the crisper, better looking (graphics) machine.

The Xbone, for me, is more fun and entertaining.

Who knows, I am still giving them both a go.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »