Home

Bad Psychology in the Community Market

This is a discussion on Bad Psychology in the Community Market within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2016, 05:49 PM   #17
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
re: Bad Psychology in the Community Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfNugget
1 minute? I'll gladly take 1 minute with the best sell/buy order in exchange for 100 coins. For me it's all about quickly flipping cards. The last thing I want is to be caught in a +/-1 stub bidding war and only have a 50% chance of getting the buy/sell now order fulfilled. All the time I'm spending outbidding by 1 stub on this particular order, I can be using to outbid/find other flips. The faster you can flip cards the better. A card that takes a long time to flip for a profit is almost considered a loss for me because of the time/stubs tied up into it. All about getting stubs/cards moving in and out as quick as possible. For me at least I guess.
Yes, of course speed is key in flipping; but you're logic still doesn't make any sense. Please understand this one key point: Your sell price has no determination on the speed it sells.

You could very well do the little strategy you spoke of; but so what? I'll just underbid whatever you put by 1 still. All you did was accelerate the decline in sale value. You're still in bidding battle either way. You'd be better off just flipping the lower value cards because they turn around much faster with less bids, rather than killing the markets on the large value cards.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:53 PM   #18
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Type of people who play the Market.

1) Conservatives, looking for the biggest sell no matter what. and the cheapest buy.

2) Flippers, people who play aggressively and don;t get upset over 200 stubs here or there.

3)Impatient people, who sell way to low or way to high, just to get rid of or buy someone.

4) people who actually buy the buy now or sell now requests, instead of bidding low and waiting on the ride.

You can choose to play it however you want, I will choose to take advantage of as many people out their as I can.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:53 PM   #19
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
I am confused exactly what the OP is mad about, are you mad at guys for outbidding you to high or low, based on their impatience? I have no problem with this, since the market usually balance's it self out. If someone want's to undercut, good for them. They will sell their card quicker and move on from it, you can still wait it out and sell your card for the same price. So I am unsure why it bothers you, when your example is they should just wait, when you are getting upset about having to wait?
No one is mad; I'm a frustrated at the lack of any rationale or logic to how people are bidding, because everyone loses in the end. If everyone bid more intelligently, we'd all be making more stubs.

" If someone want's to undercut, good for them. They will sell their card quicker and move on from it"

Wrong. This is the mistake people keep believing. Your card won't sell faster by listing it so much less. Your card will sell if it happens to be the cheapest at the time someone decides to Quick Buy. You can't control that. All you can do is control your bids. If you stop accelerating the decline in value, in the end you'll sell for more stubs, in the exact same amount of time.

Last edited by bfindeisen; 04-13-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #20
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
No one is mad; I'm a frustrated at the lack of any rationale or logic to how people are bidding, because everyone loses in the end. If everyone bid more intelligently, we'd all be making more stubs.

" If someone want's to undercut, good for them. They will sell their card quicker and move on from it"

Wrong. This is mistake people keep believing. Your card won't sell faster by listing it so much less. Your card will sell if it happens to be the cheapest at the time someone decides to Quick Buy. You can't control that. All you can do is control your bids. If you stop accelerating the decline in value, in the end you'll sell for more stubs, in the exact same amount of time.
I make an easy 10K profit a day, by taken advantage of guys with your theory. so thank you.

Also refer to the post above.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #21
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

Quote:
Type of people who play the Market.

1) Conservatives, looking for the biggest sell no matter what. and the cheapest buy.

2) Flippers, people who play aggressively and don;t get upset over 200 stubs here or there.

3)Impatient people, who sell way to low or way to high, just to get rid of or buy someone.

4) people who actually buy the buy now or sell now requests, instead of bidding low and waiting on the ride.

You can choose to play it however you want, I will choose to take advantage of as many people out their as I can.
All of that is true. Doesn't change the fact that there is no logical rationale of undercutting by more than 1. There is no benefit to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2016, 05:55 PM   #22
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

Quote:
All of that is true. Doesn't change the fact that there is no logical rationale of undercutting by more than 1. There is no benefit to it.
Yes their is, but I can't tell you why, the less people who understand it, the more Stubs I can make.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:55 PM   #23
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

Quote:
I make an easy 10K profit a day, by taken advantage of guys with your theory. so thank you.

Also refer to the post above.
lol 10k a day? That's easy. You'd be making much more in less time if the market were more efficient.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:57 PM   #24
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

Quote:
lol 10k a day? That's easy. You'd be making much more in less time if the market were more efficient.
If you are making out like a bandit, why are you so upset about guys using a different strategy?

Mine clearly works for me. And your's clearly works for you? Is it worth getting upset over?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »