Home

Ranked seasons

This is a discussion on Ranked seasons within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-16-2017, 06:03 PM   #57
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ranked seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
If I had the Stubs I would totally try to finish the AL West, the Ichiro would be cool, plus you get Trout, plus I love that KRod throwback and I think there's a Wagner and Nolan Ryan involved as well that would be fun to have.
I already have Trout, K.Rod and Ryan (who is a beast btw, through a perfect game in my first game with him) so the problem with completing the AL West is that I only really get a bunch of second baseman, an Edgar Martinez who can't field and then Ichiro, who I bloody love but fear might be a bit useless on a game where power is king. Oops, forgot about Wagner who I thin would be ridiculous, but I have his rookie card and it's essentially exactly the same and only cost 1k (its unhittable btw despite being a bronze, everyone should have it)

I know if I'm being sensible then pitching is what I should go for as it's where I'm weakest, but the temptation of completing divisions is pretty strong, even if the division collection rewards are all a bit rubbish. (A. Gon, Kluber, Stanton and Stargell all look worse than players you'd need to buy to even get them) Ichiro is cool pretty much solely because he's Ichiro, whereas Juan Marichel looks great but you'd need to get Kershaw, Bumgarner, Cueto and FB Grienke to even get him. I swear last year the division reward cards were beasts?
Old 05-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #58
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I already have Trout, K.Rod and Ryan (who is a beast btw, through a perfect game in my first game with him) so the problem with completing the AL West is that I only really get a bunch of second baseman, an Edgar Martinez who can't field and then Ichiro, who I bloody love but fear might be a bit useless on a game where power is king.

I know if I'm being sensible then pitching is what I should go for as it's where I'm weakest, but the temptation of completing divisions is pretty strong, even if the division collection rewards are all a bit rubbish. (A. Gon, Kluber, Stanton and Stargell all look worse than players you'd need to buy to even get them) Ichiro is cool pretty much solely because he's Ichiro, whereas Juan Marichel looks great but you'd need to get Kershaw, Bumgarner, Cueto and FB Grienke to even get him. I swear last year the division reward cards were beasts?
I don't remember last year's Divisional rewards as I wasn't as into the mode as I am this year. I hit really well with Schwarber so I wouldn't mind finishing the NL Central either (I have everyone but the Cubs done), but Stargell is tough to hit with for me. I need Altuve and Trout to finish the AL Central...In fact, I have every Gold in the game, but I think I'm only at 18 completed teams.

I see your dilemma either way.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:23 PM   #59
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I don't remember last year's Divisional rewards as I wasn't as into the mode as I am this year. I hit really well with Schwarber so I wouldn't mind finishing the NL Central either (I have everyone but the Cubs done), but Stargell is tough to hit with for me. I need Altuve and Trout to finish the AL Central...In fact, I have every Gold in the game, but I think I'm only at 18 completed teams.

I see your dilemma either way.
Then I look at Boston and think I could get Sale, Betts and Ted bloody Williams. Too many options, all pretty excellent. Rich guy problems I guess. Guess I'll just have to make more stubs
Old 05-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #60
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Divisional rewards were all way better last year, there was actual incentive to really finish divisions, i lack that desire this year. I finished NL East last year early so I could get my hands on that Chipper card. This year a slightly better Giancarlo really doesnt do it for me.

Also I pulled Syndergaard and Beltre from my rewards so Im very happy with my decision to not try and get into WS.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #61
All Star

OVR: 2

Finished in the Division series and got Correa and Kinsler along with Liriano. Not bad but not great. I'll wait a couple days and sell both. I'm happy with it as a reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2017, 01:00 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Finished in Wild Card, got Braun along with Flashback Liriano. Starting in AS for Cove. Liriano makes my rotation and Braun is borderline alongside Brantley and Ozuna. He's either sellable or still worth hanging onto as Milwaukee's only Gold player for the Brewers team epic (92 OVR Lucroy)

Not bad considering I couldn't play ranked seasons until about a week or so ago.

Last edited by bcruise; 05-17-2017 at 01:06 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #63
Just started!

I've got a question about seasons ratings. What determines how much rating you gain or lose with each win and loss? I was at 664 and a win got me only 29. But then I lost my next game and it cost me 52 rating. Very aggravating!
Old 06-12-2017, 11:56 PM   #64
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachbaby
I've got a question about seasons ratings. What determines how much rating you gain or lose with each win and loss? I was at 664 and a win got me only 29. But then I lost my next game and it cost me 52 rating. Very aggravating!

It's based on the quality of your opponent. If you lose to someone that's much lower rated than you, you'll lose more points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »