Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 12:57 PM   #721
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
Bruh did you say 22 innings
Yep.........22 innings. I so wanted to offer the friendly quit but no way was I giving up on that game. He had no business winning or getting off easy the way he played but the game did it’s best to give him a shot at winning it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2019, 01:04 PM   #722
MVP

ph33's Arena

I've wanted to quit out of those but i would be losing out on innings for affinities lol

Those are painful. Especially when you're away team, and you take a lead in the 16th only for them to answer back

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #723
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I hit diamond 1 and took Brooks Robinson. For now, I’m having him replace Matthews. I’m going to miss Matthews’ power, but hopefully Robinson will get to more grounders hit 3 feet away from that Matthews never seemed to get.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:53 PM   #724
MVP

papadell's Arena

Extra innings must be contagious. Thought I would grind out a couple games. Ended up playing 12.

Gwynn dropped a flyball and then ran in circles without me controlling him. Then he decided to throw the ball in like I inputted.

I always post about what the game does wrong but I made two mistakes myself. He made a poorly advised diving attempt in Center off the bat of Bench. Should have been a single but he dove and missed. Had an easy triple and he didn't pick the ball up until I was almost at 3rd. Smart play would have been to stay with a catcher running but he didn't even have the ball yet. Sent Bench. Kemp fired a middle to Alomar who fired a missle to beat Bench by 2 steps. That was backbreaking.

Then later on he had a runner on 3rd. Mentally I knew I wanted to shift my infield in but forgot to do it. Naturally he hit a grounder to 2nd and I panicked because the scenario I WANTED happened. But I didn't properly prepare for it. Throw was late and he scored again.

Chipper went deep. Goddamn I love this card. Tied the game up.

Then we both want silent. I was striking him out a decent amount and getting weak contact. I was hitting everything on the ground or crushing liners. He had some hard hit balls too but we weren't doing anything.

He ended up with a runner in scoring position but I got out of it. Percival came in clutch.

Ended up loading the bases in the 12th and walking off with Trout with 2 outs.

Weird game.

Drained me, too. I think that's all for me tonight. Plus my relievers are still tanked from yesterday. I played 3 games and was done by 6 pm I think. Fired up today and their stamina hadn't refilled yet.

Guess it works out to not play again until tomorrow.

As mentioned above took Bench from the Silver 40. He's better than Machado for the most part plus I love him. Was hesitant because surely we'll get a SS Bench at this rate and I can't sell the Silver one. That card would be a MONSTER.

Took Perez with the Choice pack because I thought I needed more PS cards for the collection but was wrong. Should have taken Guidry and sold for some extra stubs but oh well. Sold Perez.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:38 PM   #725
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I hit diamond 1 and took Brooks Robinson. For now, I’m having him replace Matthews. I’m going to miss Matthews’ power, but hopefully Robinson will get to more grounders hit 3 feet away from that Matthews never seemed to get.

His defense is incredible, his offense for me was.....stale? It wasn't bad. But he's not fast, really can't hit for power, and he can hit gap doubles but it wasn't enough for me.

Has anyone faced Alomar/Verlander....or even Boggs? Thinking about selling some spare equipment and getting there.

Also got 6 packs to open soon please have a Trout in there thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2019, 05:45 PM   #726
MVP

papadell's Arena

I've been using Alomar since getting him and he hits missles EVERYWHERE....right at people. I think I've gotten 2 hits with him so far, one of which was a HR that doesn't even count since the opponent quit before it landed.

He hasn't hurt me when facing him yet. Outside of dropping the first ball hit to him (which I ****ing swear happens with every diamond fielder) he's been up to par on defense.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:50 PM   #727
All Star

I faced Alomar twice and he hits the call with surprising power.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-29-2019, 08:54 PM   #728
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

Nolan Ryan on all-star difficultly is not good, I think the pitch speed is too slow for him to be effective. He’s started the last two games for me and has got knocked around quite a bit. He might be out of the rotation until I’m consistently on hall of fame difficulty.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »