Home

Gamestop says July 4th

This is a discussion on Gamestop says July 4th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2006, 03:36 AM   #17
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Gamestop says July 4th

Again all this is hypothetical as I dont know when EA will ship it and how each company will handle it from them.

As for getting it early, well you either need to get lucky and walk into a store that is breaking the date or have a connection. Personally I would go with option a unless you truly trust the connection and the connection can do it for you. I got offers of 200 extra just to sell a copy of Madden early last year. I respectfully declined and just said that we did not have it yet. While the upfront cash sounds good, that 200 was not going to feed my family or pay my mortgage, bills etc. In my store if we get something in early it is inventoried every night just so people stay honest. The sad fact is that all of this street date crap is Wal-Marts's fault.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:39 AM   #18
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
Again all this is hypothetical as I dont know when EA will ship it and how each company will handle it from them.

As for getting it early, well you either need to get lucky and walk into a store that is breaking the date or have a connection. Personally I would go with option a unless you truly trust the connection and the connection can do it for you. I got offers of 200 extra just to sell a copy of Madden early last year. I respectfully declined and just said that we did not have it yet. While the upfront cash sounds good, that 200 was not going to feed my family or pay my mortgage, bills etc. In my store if we get something in early it is inventoried every night just so people stay honest. The sad fact is that all of this street date crap is Wal-Marts's fault.
Just another reason to hate Wal-Mart.

So for option A.) should we just go to every single gaming store in our areas to see if they are selling it early? "when is ncaa 2007 out?"
Old 06-21-2006, 03:45 AM   #19
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

I used good ol OS last year. If people find it early, you will hear about it and what stores are doing it. Last year, plenty of em did it with the biggest ones being CompUSA and Target.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:47 AM   #20
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
I used good ol OS last year. If people find it early, you will hear about it and what stores are doing it. Last year, plenty of em did it with the biggest ones being CompUSA and Target.

Interesting...

Well lets hope we can get this game in two weeks....wow.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:03 AM   #21
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

We'd have a "Gone Gold" annoucement by now if it was going to be shipped on 7/4.

Sorry, Guys.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2006, 09:10 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Is Gamestop even open on July 4th?

It is a holiday in America afterall and most businesses are off that day. Even if it did come out on the 4th (which I don't believe) it doesn't leave anytime to play. Too much family stuff on the 4th.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
We'd have a "Gone Gold" annoucement by now if it was going to be shipped on 7/4.

Sorry, Guys.
As sure as I am that the game is NOT coming out 7/4, I'm also sure it most definitely has gone gold. Having worked for EA SPORTS, they don't go from gold to on store shelves in anything less than 5 weeks.

It's in manufacturing right now.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #24
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Is Gamestop even open on July 4th?

It is a holiday in America afterall and most businesses are off that day. Even if it did come out on the 4th (which I don't believe) it doesn't leave anytime to play. Too much family stuff on the 4th.
the 4th of July is one of the largest retail days of the year. Companies will run "4th of July" sales for a month for it...

Banks are barely even closed on the 4th any more... They are only closed because the Federal Reserve is closed...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »