Home

NCAA Football 09 Video Clip, Random Gamers - Part 2 of 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Video Clip, Random Gamers - Part 2 of 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #41
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 09 Video Clip, Random Gamers - Part 2 of 2

The thing about QB dropbacks in EA football games is that there is way too much control, they really need to restrict the ability for such swift movement while dropping back. Not only that but the QB is just way too fast doing it, I think in that video the QB covered thirty or so yards in about three seconds going backwards!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #42
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Yea, It would be cool if ea added an animation where the qb fell for dropping back too far, too fast. Initially ea stated a couple of years ago that they were goin to cut this out by affecting the qb's stamina greatly. I jus wished they would have enforced it more.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #43
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

I really don't care that the QB can drop back so far, It's the accuracy of the throws once he drops back 20-30 yards that gets to me. If you want to drop back that far then by all means go ahead, but don't let the dude complete the pass as if it was a 5 step drop. Yea you can blame it on bad defense or whatever but the majority of the time it's not. People have been dropping back and rolling across the field for over a decade now.

And yea Sage I saw the step up throw. It looked pretty good. If it wasn't for the guy controlling Cincy I would've cut the video off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #44
All Star

What they need to do is if you drop back any more than 15 yds from the line of scrimmage, they need to add a 3-click meter or something to that effect for accuracy of a pass.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
The thing about QB dropbacks in EA football games is that there is way too much control, they really need to restrict the ability for such swift movement while dropping back. Not only that but the QB is just way too fast doing it, I think in that video the QB covered thirty or so yards in about three seconds going backwards!
This was exactly what I've been meaning to type. Not only that, what you say above, but think about why people don't often run backwards? It's very, very, very tiring and difficult. If a QB ran backwards in real life, like they do in NCAA/Madden, their legs would feel like they were running in wet cement by the 2nd half.

I don't think it would be that difficult to slow down the backwards running, make it more ackward for all but the most agile of QBs and make it affect fatigue. The question is, does EA want to do this because it would fundamentally change the game from how a lot of people play. I don't think it's a matter of ability or them not knowing it's an issue, it's more a matter of they think the alternative would be much less accepted.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #46
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This was exactly what I've been meaning to type. Not only that, what you say above, but think about why people don't often run backwards? It's very, very, very tiring and difficult. If a QB ran backwards in real life, like they do in NCAA/Madden, their legs would feel like they were running in wet cement by the 2nd half.

I don't think it would be that difficult to slow down the backwards running, make it more ackward for all but the most agile of QBs and make it affect fatigue. The question is, does EA want to do this because it would fundamentally change the game from how a lot of people play. I don't think it's a matter of ability or them not knowing it's an issue, it's more a matter of they think the alternative would be much less accepted.

Progressive in-game fatigue is a lil too deep for EA ODogg. FIFA has it technically but it's not implemented right. Like others have said, as soon as you drop back 15yds arm strength and accuracy should come right into play, especially if you're throwing a corner route or a pass to the flats. On plays like that you should see the defenders all react in their own ways. D-Backs should be able to react to the ball better. D-Lineman should come off their blocks and be in full pursuit of the QB. LBs should be sitting in their zones reading the QBs. Basically the defense should have a HUGE advantage.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #47
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

I think it's a pretty passive experience the way the lines interact in the EA football games, a QB has to drop back incredibly fast so he doesn't end up getting smoked by the *** of one of his own linemen. This just isn't represented in the games because there isn't a constant battle going on between the players on the opposing lines. As soon as a d-lineman engages an o-lineman he immediately stops any counter-technique, like bk said earlier the d-linemen get stone rushed each time.. Instead of players from both lines actively opposing one another with their technique it becomes like the turn based JRPG experience of you hit me then I hit you.

The whole line play and QB play issues are keeping the game from moving forward, it's still fun and I have a blast with it and I even think EA does a decent job balancing the gameplay given the sort of game they are mandated to produce. But I think that a lot of us who have played this wave of EA football from the PS2 onward are ready to move on from some of the things we've been seeing for the past eight years or so.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:30 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 6

Although the line play may be lacking, the user in that video is the real problem. I and I am sure thousands of others have no problem whatsoever making 3,5 and 7 yard drop throws after reading defenses. Sometimes you get sacked, sometimes you have to throw the ball away, that's football, I just wish they made it way harder on the user who engages in that type of crap. Playing games on 600 dollar systems and still seeing that as a possibility just is sickening at the end of the day and makes me want to vomit. Rewarding morons thanks EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »