Home

PS3 vs 360

This is a discussion on PS3 vs 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
PS3 vs 360

For anyone that has played both Demos on PS3 and 360, are there any major differences? ie: gamespeed. I talked to a co-worker who has played both and he seems to think the PS3 plays much faster than the 360. He actually says the 360 feels better because the PS3 version is TOO fast. Anyone else have an opinion? thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: PS3 vs 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachboy19
For anyone that has played both Demos on PS3 and 360, are there any major differences? ie: gamespeed. I talked to a co-worker who has played both and he seems to think the PS3 plays much faster than the 360. He actually says the 360 feels better because the PS3 version is TOO fast. Anyone else have an opinion? thanks!
I have both systems.

Personally, I don't like either of the demos. With that said, the 360 plays MUCH better than the PS3. I don't know where he gets the PS3 plays faster than the 360 because it doesn't. The PS3 version is really choppy. It is very similar to what you had last year when you tried to make roster changes. It isn't that bad but the affect is the same. The 360 plays much, much smoother than the PS3 version.

If the PS3 was my only console, I wouldn't buy this game based on the demo. The demo is that bad.

I will go out and buy the 360, however, I don't think the demo is worthy enough of a purchase.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

IMO....the 360 plays a tad better. Player control response is a little smoother and instant replay aren't choppy like the ps3 version. Also the 360 doesn't have that glitch where the quarteback is lined up off sides a little bit to the center. Both systems are almost identical but u can tell there a little bit of difference with the 360 in which gameplay and player movement are much smoother.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 06-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

First off I feel like the PS3 demo plays just fine. There are a few hiccups here and there but it doesn't affect gameplay at all since it occurs between plays. So I definitely disagree with the poster who said the PS3 demo is "that bad".

More importantly, I suggest you look through the demo impressions thread for more detail. I don't think anyone said that the PS3 looks or plays better. The most common opinion seems to be that they're pretty much the same with the 360 version looking a bit better than the PS3.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I have both systems.

Personally, I don't like either of the demos. With that said, the 360 plays MUCH better than the PS3. I don't know where he gets the PS3 plays faster than the 360 because it doesn't. The PS3 version is really choppy. It is very similar to what you had last year when you tried to make roster changes. It isn't that bad but the affect is the same. The 360 plays much, much smoother than the PS3 version.

If the PS3 was my only console, I wouldn't buy this game based on the demo. The demo is that bad.

I will go out and buy the 360, however, I don't think the demo is worthy enough of a purchase.
That is a ridiculous statement. The PS3 version is not this unplayable pariah version. It has the essentially the same gaemplay, graphics etc. The colors are different, but not better or worse, some people prefer the 360, some the ps3. You wont notice any difference in gameplay, and the features are/will be the same.

This isnt NCAA08 where the PS3 was noticably different

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I have both systems.

Oooooh-kay guy.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
That is a ridiculous statement. The PS3 version is not this unplayable pariah version. It has the essentially the same gaemplay, graphics etc. The colors are different, but not better or worse, some people prefer the 360, some the ps3. You wont notice any difference in gameplay, and the features are/will be the same.

This isnt NCAA08 where the PS3 was noticably different
I guess I must understand the game more. There is a noticeable difference in the smoothness of the game. That is my opinion.

Please read where I said "I don't like either version of the game...". Personally, I think they both suck. The only hope that we have for a good game are that guy's that attended community day say that the game they played is different. Both demos are that bad, but people are overwhelmed by the newness of this demo to see how bad the demo really is.

Back to the topic. The guy asked opinions on the demo for both systems. The 360 Demo is better as is the entire 360 system for gaming. And yes, I have both systems.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Oooooh-kay guy.
The opinions of Gaytors are worthless. Might as well ask the opinion of a mentally handicapped person.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »