Home

NCAA Football 09 AI vs. AI (Georgia @ LSU)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 AI vs. AI (Georgia @ LSU) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 09 AI vs. AI (Georgia @ LSU)

I know this has been mentioned before, but I would pay $10 extra if the game clock lost 12 secs when the play clock abruptly goes from 37 secs to 25 secs. I'm so sick of 5 minute quarters, especially when a fix that could help (at least a little) is so readily available.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #34
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Nice vid Steve guys you can see why the short passing game is so effective in this vid there is a perfect example of the problem.

At 3:29 before the play starts look where the MLB and ROLB are lined up. I would bet money they are both playing yellow zones while the LOLB is playing the flats. When the ball is snapped you will notice both of those LB's will continue to drop back at least 10 yards thus leaving the middle of the field wide open. Stop the vid at 3:26 a take a look at where they are.

When those zones (if they are in yellow zones) are meant for them to drop back all of 5 yards at the most. Thats why you hear everyone saying the short stuff is way to effective. Like I have said many times before its because those zones are broken in the game right now.
Only watched the first two plays, and, heck, you can see this on the very first play of the game. The MLB drops to around the first down line, instead of playing the ... e-hem ... middle like he should be.

Also, on the opening kickoff, what's the excuse for the returner to be running into his own guys? He should be going left on that play, but instead goes right and runs into his own guys. Makes me think the AI is programmed to follow their blocks - which is good, of course - but it comes at the expense of them running to daylight. Goes a long way toward highlighting why the CPU has never ran the ball very effectively.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 7

I haven't watched the vid, but I do like the sound of the accurate CPU QBs. Maybe they can actually keep up this year, even without a deep ball (Any deep balls in the vid?)

I'd rather the CPU kill me in passing, than to shut them down every time, like I did last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #36
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

The one thing that stuck out was there was almost no time between coming to the line and the snap. It seemed as if both teams were in hurry up. Hopefully when you sim the game in your dynasty the number of plays and stats are realistic.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #37
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

Steve, great job!

By the score being 14-0 LSU I know the game is 100% sim
Old 07-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Nice vid Steve guys you can see why the short passing game is so effective in this vid there is a perfect example of the problem.

At 3:29 before the play starts look where the MLB and ROLB are lined up. I would bet money they are both playing yellow zones while the LOLB is playing the flats. When the ball is snapped you will notice both of those LB's will continue to drop back at least 10 yards thus leaving the middle of the field wide open. Stop the vid at 3:26 a take a look at where they are.

When those zones (if they are in yellow zones) are meant for them to drop back all of 5 yards at the most. Thats why you hear everyone saying the short stuff is way to effective. Like I have said many times before its because those zones are broken in the game right now.
I think this is a direct result of the superhuman linebackers of past editions. Instead of dropping the linebackers to proper depths they seem to be giving up the underneath passes as not to make the linebackers too effective in coverage. I think the problem with the past games is that the receivers ran their patterns at the exact same depth as the linebackers making the underneath routes nearly impossible to throw for fear of linebacker picks. The remedy would have been intelligent routes by receivers and the receivers ability to sit down in zones.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #39
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Well done. The quality is as good as any others that I've seen. I was looking for kick coverage issues and I guess a human could bust some decent returns but, it doesn't appear nearly as broken as has been reported. Underneath passes however, may be too money.
Is that the only camera angle available in demo mode?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #40
MVP

Cabke's Arena

OVR: 15

Did anyone else notice how often the defense jumped the snap? It didn't seem to have that big of an effect, meaning that the D-Line didn't just demolish the O-Line, but it still happened like 80% of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »