Home

NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #625
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Ill say this before AA does. Its not necessarily about sacks. its about pressure, hurries, disrupting the offense.

To answer your question i get about 2-3 sacks a game, which against a like rated opponent may be about right, but im getting 1 hurry a game, and 0 blitzes seem to have affect.
Are you controlling the same player to achieve those 2-3 sacks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #626
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Out of curiosity, those of you concerned about the poor Defensive Line play in the game: how many sacks per game were you getting in previous incarnations of the game? How many do you think you should be getting?

I haven't played the game, so I'm not casting stones. I'm just trying to get a barometirc reading.
It's not about how many sacks you're getting a game. It's all about pressure. Sacks/hurries/bad throws come from pressure. It's minimal in this game

The fact that an offensive line with an average rating of 73 can pancake a DL with an average rating of somewhere between 85-90 is enough to see that there is a problem.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #627
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I think at the snap of the ball the entire defense is handicapped. If you watch the players they just look like they are in slow motion. The D line looks gassed and slow, the linebackers run like they are on a treadmill and the secondary has no clue what is going on.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #628
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
I think at the snap of the ball the entire defense is handicapped. If you watch the players they just look like they are in slow motion. The D line looks gassed and slow, the linebackers run like they are on a treadmill and the secondary has no clue what is going on.
Thats "WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN" gameplay my friend.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #629
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Has anyone heard how close we are to the roster bug patch? THanks
Old 07-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #630
War Eagle

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Ok so explain this one to me....

Defenders run in quicksand and can't get to a QB on a blitz in under 3 seconds.

And yet....if they pick off a pass, suddenly they are the second coming of Flo Jo.

Example.

Here is FSU's LB Nicholson (85 speed, 84 acceleration) picking off a pass and BLOWING past Idaho's receivers (88 speed, 88 acc and 87 speed 80 acc).

A couple of things to note.
--Nicholson runs 80 yards yet never tires.
--Look at how quickly the Idaho receivers converge AT FIRST..then suddenly, they can't gain an inch in pursuit. It even looks as though they are "jogging" after Nicholson, not running for dear life to catch him.
--Notice how the Idaho receiver who stumbles, is gaining RAPIDLY on the other Idaho receiver in pursuit, yet suddenly he loses his ability to accelerate when he gets closer to Nicholson.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #631
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Thats "WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN" gameplay my friend.
Yep and it wont be patched(gameplay wise) unfortunately, because it would no longer be wide open and fun. Sorry lol had to!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #632
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

A bigger concern is how OMT (adam) comments on certain things. But this whole defensive dumb-down issues he has pretty much kept his mouth shut on it.

It is getting asked about over and over and over and over and yet we hear nothing from OMT.

Why is this?

I think we have supported EA and OMT enough. We should demand answers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not our fault the game has broken sliders, broken d-line, broken QB play, broken D- speed, broken D play in general. THEY (EA) should feel obligated to answer these questions because now with this "open communication" deal they have going on.

I am sure many of us will pass up on NCAA 2010 since they wanna be so closed mouth now about the gameplay issues. It makes us feel cheated and "marketed".
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »