Home

NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre)

My feeling is once the AI sliders work that this game should play a fairly decent game of football. I'm already having a lot of fun with the game as is so I welcome the improvments the patch will bring.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #34
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm hoping and praying these patches make the game at least somewhat comparable to '08. However, with each passing game (no pun intended), I grow more frusturated with NCAA 09 due to the one simple fact - there are no variety in my games. Every game I play is basically an offensive shootout with an unstoppable computer QB. The robo QB is highly annoying, and I haven't seen any talk about the patches making the QB throw the deep ball every now and then. It's very frusturating to continally get lit up by average quarterbacks in this game. I think I can get over the other nuisances (inability to shed blocks, lack of computer running game, etc.) if they just fix this. If not, I think it's back to '08 for me, or maybe I will just play Madden this year.

You know, I've always been the guy who laughs at the absurdity of some of the complaints on this board, but when every single game plays out exactly the same way, how can anyone have fun with NCAA Football 2009 unless they treat it like an NBA Jam experience?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:42 PM   #35
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
I'm hoping and praying these patches make the game at least somewhat comparable to '08. However, with each passing game (no pun intended), I grow more frusturated with NCAA 09 due to the one simple fact - there are no variety in my games. Every game I play is basically an offensive shootout with an unstoppable computer QB. The robo QB is highly annoying, and I haven't seen any talk about the patches making the QB throw the deep ball every now and then. It's very frusturating to continally get lit up by average quarterbacks in this game. I think I can get over the other nuisances (inability to shed blocks, lack of computer running game, etc.) if they just fix this. If not, I think it's back to '08 for me, or maybe I will just play Madden this year.
I seriously haven't seen robo-QB at all on NJPapi's Heisman sliders. I lost at Ohio State with UConn 17-10 and their QB really didn't do much all game, neither did their O for that matter as you can see by the 17 points.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
My feeling is once the AI sliders work that this game should play a fairly decent game of football. I'm already having a lot of fun with the game as is so I welcome the improvments the patch will bring.
I agree I think this game will be great as soon as I can increase the CPU running game and defensive awareness.

Hopefully soon!! Why does it take so long to verify a patch?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #37
NCAA Football 09 Software Engineer

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDowns430
I should be able to clarify this one for you tomorrow when I get back to work (if someone else doesn't beat me to it). The original description I was given was a lot more... descriptive, but I had to truncate some of the lines when I was typing them up for the PS3 patch.
"A blank spreadsheet for rushing and receiving stats would occur sometimes when simming multiple seasons"
Old 08-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #38
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I seriously haven't seen robo-QB at all on NJPapi's Heisman sliders. I lost at Ohio State with UConn 17-10 and their QB really didn't do much all game, neither did their O for that matter as you can see by the 17 points.
Wow, I might have to try these out.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
Wow, I might have to try these out.
I have been using them as well, with a couple tweaks. Same experience. In fact, I am actually going to hold off on an update until I read everyone's experiences with the patched version.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 9
From what I've read, the 360 patch is out. Anyone know when the PS3 patch comes out?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »