Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Tulane @ LSU (No Audio, Just Replay Mode)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Tulane @ LSU (No Audio, Just Replay Mode) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #33
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Tulane @ LSU (No Audio, Just Replay Mode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
You guys are a tough crowd.

Just like you, I want the best game possible. But the reality is these videos ARE showing D-line pressure and incomplete passes.

That's an improvement, isn't it?

The V Tech-Alabama clip shows two bad throws and one massive pass rush in only two minutes of gameplay. Looks promising to me.
+1 Agreed
Old 06-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachchris
+1 Agreed

Yeah it's a tough crowd but it's 60 dollars being spent!!! On that note I like what im seeing so far.....

Guys this is college football so relax.....I dont expect college players to be that great!!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #35
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm still not convinced either. I'm in the same camp as dkrause and rhombic. I basically want to see whether a good/great DLman can consistantly get pressure (w/o blitz) especially when going up against lesser OLman. As for the bad passes, the whole point is for them to occur at a realistic rate, depending on the QB ratings, etc. Even in this video bad passes are still picked off, or caught after receiver adjusts... still a rarity to see it hit the ground. Throwing on the run or under pressure, or with too much/little power (by holding throw btn too long/short) led to many errant passes in LG NCAA... not so much on CG NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
The play with the interception bothers me. All the Tulane WR has to do it stick his arm out and he either knocks the ball away, or deflects it up or catches it..
this is what i took away from it initially as well. you would expect the wr to at least reach back and get a hand on it, likely leading to it getting tipped or hitting the dirt.

you'd like to see the wr plant his right leg in the ground when he notices the pass is going to be errant and at least try to get his left hand on it or if he's a special athlete capable of contorting his body, twisting and doing the same. thats assuming he's not exploding out of his break, which is another instance where the momentum problem occurs.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #37
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
this is what i took away from it initially as well. you would expect the wr to at least reach back and get a hand on it, likely leading to it getting tipped or hitting the dirt.

you'd like to see the wr plant his right leg in the ground when he notices the pass is going to be errant and at least try to get his left hand on it or if he's a special athlete capable of contorting his body, twisting and doing the same. thats assuming he's not exploding out of his break, which is another instance where the momentum problem occurs.
Or that animation where the TE or WR loses his footing as he turns abruptly and traps the ball.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 5

Lol this is brutal, next gen and we still see the NCAA series sporting mindless drones as WR or vice versa.

TURN AND REACH DOPE!!!!!! Not in this series, nah let it sail and hit the DB right in the face.

when will we ever get missed throws? Overthrows? Every god damned ball either is caught, dropped or picked.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #39
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

There's a difference between the DL out manuevering the OL with talent (ratings) and getting pressure on the QB and the DL just running past the OL while they turn and watch it... (As far as realistic looking results that is), but yeah it's pressure.

I hope it gets a bit more tuned. It is better in a sense than last year though I guess.
I do like the errant passes. Can't wait to try out the demo.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-14-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
Lol this is brutal, next gen and we still see the NCAA series sporting mindless drones as WR or vice versa.

TURN AND REACH DOPE!!!!!! Not in this series, nah let it sail and hit the DB right in the face.
basically, the procedural awareness is pointless if they dont have individual limbs that can react. like last year anytime a dlineman jumped to swat a pass he would always do it with the same arm. if the receiver wasnt exploding out of his break, reached back and got a finger on it and the pass went incomplete that would be great.

they posted a video of missed catch animations earlier, this is an instance where there should be one. im not making a wholesale judgement, this could simply be an indictment of the awareness, talent, and effort of the tulane wr whereas we would see better players at least reach, but iono

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »