Home

NCAA Football 10 Demo Now Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Demo Now Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #817
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: NCAA Football 10 Demo Now Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Problem with player lock.....

I called an inside run and chose to play as the right guard where the running hole will be. I scanned the defensive alignment and had a hunch nobody was going to block the LILB. I knew this because of previous faulty blocking AI by NCAA/Madden.

I snap the ball and fire straight out towards my man while I notice my neighboring OL picking up the 2 DL's just as I had hoped. But wait, what the "F" is this? My player went into an animation double teaming a DL while the LB I wanted to block came firing through and nailed the ball carrier for a 1 yard loss.

I want full control - I want to be able to run backwards if I so choose.
yeah again, this is a problem of being sucked into animations and not having control over your players. you get sucked into blocking and tackling animations and even when you're engaged, there is barely any response. i had a similar situation where i was a tackle on an outside sweep and i got sucked into the block when i didn't want to. then i tried to chop / pancake / flat out destroy with the hitstick and got no response. then i tried to keep pressing the hit stick the next play figuring if i kept jamming it before and after the snap i would attempt something against the D line...nothing. terrible physics and animation work.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #818
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Granted, we cant touch sliders, but is anyone else thinking the CPU picks off too many passes? Seems like if they sniff a pass its picked off (mainly in the secondary)
I actually feel the opposite. with the superhuman LB/DB gone and the "eyes in the back of the head" plays gone, I throw a lot less Ints. I can actually thread the needle in triple coverage if the defenders aren't looking at the ball. it's a really nice feeling.

but I would think I would be throwing 100% now with those problems fixed, but with the inaccurate passes now possible more often, the wrap swats, and being able to get hit while throwing, I'm still throwing in the 60-70% range(remember I don't user catch).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #819
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjgbxx
Am i the only one that thinks the fan/player graphics look horrible in the demo?
Couldn't agree more. PS3 by the way.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #820
Rookie

wickedbadman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
this is a bad thing?

edit: I lack comprehension skills, I thought u said the opposite
LoL no worries, I would have thought you were kidding anyway .
Old 06-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #821
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
yeah again, this is a problem of being sucked into animations and not having control over your players. you get sucked into blocking and tackling animations and even when you're engaged, there is barely any response. i had a similar situation where i was a tackle on an outside sweep and i got sucked into the block when i didn't want to. then i tried to chop / pancake / flat out destroy with the hitstick and got no response. then i tried to keep pressing the hit stick the next play figuring if i kept jamming it before and after the snap i would attempt something against the D line...nothing. terrible physics and animation work.
Yea I thought perhaps I'd buy the game afterall - basically just to mess around and have fun playing different positions. However, it's just too frustrating to get sucked into these animation vacuumes. Bah!

I agree with a poster a couple pages back - spend a year on gameplay and nothing else. I could care less about all of the cute modes available if I don't want to play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #822
Rookie

dfoz3's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
Couldn't agree more. PS3 by the way.
I downloaded it on both systems to see if there was a difference. To me there was no discernable difference. The fan animations are horrible! Why do they even waste time panning the camera across the crowd close up? After my first touchdown it panned the crowd and they were all standing sideways! Absolutely attrocious.

On a side note I played Heisman (normally I play on Varsity or AA at most) on both to see how I do. On the PS3 it felt much easier than on the 360. I don't think that much could be attributed to the controllers either. Anyone else notice anything like this?
Old 06-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #823
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6

downloading rite now but i was wondering if anyone could tell me how long the quarters are?
Old 06-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #824
Rookie

OVR: 6

game is still too fast and frantic - arcadeish

i love the player lock feature but it's near impossible to play corner/safety and defend the pass because the game is so frantic

weight/strength/momentum still mean nothing

still not enough control with the left stick - it's either run or stop, no ability to break down and cut and what not - arcadeish

game will be fun for ppl that dont care about these things tho

still no dreads? (minor gripe for the last 4yrs)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »