Home

NCAA Football 10 Patch #2 Details (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Patch #2 Details (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #97
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 10 Patch #2 Details (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
People play techmo bowl now b/c it was the first of it's kind, ground breaking and nostalgic. People don't play it b/c it's a better game. Much is the same with the ps2 series of NCAA and Madden. Those games were groundbreaking. Dynasty was created, online play created, and many other things that have never been seen before. Like most of you i put hundreds of hours into the ps2 versions of ncaa and probably more than i ever will with a new version. The reason why is b/c they were ground breaking. There will ALWAYS be a soft spot for 03-06 b/c it took things to the next level. But if you go back and play those games now they can't hold ncaa 10's jock. You all think they were better b/c of nostalga, sorry but they're not. Like i said if they decide to dress up ncaa 11 some then fine, so be it. But dont kid yourself, all those cuts scenes from madden and the old ncaa's get skipped over and over and over after the first time you see them. The GAME is what matters, and this is the most fun entertaining ncaa to date. Sorry.

when i go back and play Tecmo Super Bowl its not because the game is so great, its because i feel like playing a game i enjoyed so much as a kid. I can only play Tecmo Super Bowl for about 5 minutes before i become bored with it again because its such an easy game.

The majority of us are in that 18-28 range right about now so we grew up with games that were good but not great but we didnt have 24/7 online forums where people disected every last thing about the games and acted like they knew more about making games than actual video game producers. And over the last 5 or so years everyone has turned into a critic and since the next gen football games were not up to par at first, we all expect a game so real you can smell the blades of grass and feel the hits. This year i realized how ridiculous people were going into the game so i took a step back and just tried to enjoy the game once again instead of acting like i needed a football game so real that it was hard to distinguish which was a game and which was real life. And you know what? I once again enjoy this game much like when i did when i was a kid.

If you dont come on a forum like this and sit there and read all the criticism and little gripes people continue to bitch about, you really would enjoy the game more. But now it seems like its become the cool thing to get the game and immediately play detective and go search for the flaws in the game and once you find those flaws just complain complain complain. I love this year's game. It has great replay value for me and is once again enjoyable. Are there flaws? Of course. But i can look past them because i realize its a game and its supposed to be fun, people get way too worked up over a video game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The bottom line is if 90-95% of us did this on our jobs we would be fired. They continue to stain EA as a company and NCAA as a product. I have no faith in them as a Dev. Team none whats so ever. I will not purchase another NCAA game until they can convince me that they are committed to Sim stlye of play and show the have a legit plan to get there. The first step in this IMO will be to replace the lead dev. .
who cares what you think, you havent even gotten this year's game yet you come on here and bash the game. And you do realize that a lot of computer games and software and other stuff come out and need patches to correct problems. Its not like this is the only thing that needs patches. Even cars get recalled to fix problems that were missed or overlooked.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #98
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
Oh please mister four post... You probably wouldn't know good football if it tackled you dude.. Seriously, the dynasty mode is broken and when you break something that is YOUR BIGGEST SELLING feature and then refuse to fix it and actually have the gall to say that you don't think it is broken at all (Here is looking at you Russ) then something is WRONG. PERIOD.

you need to learn what broken is. Can you play dynasty? Yes. Is there a progression issue, apparently. But that doesnt mean the thing is broken. Dynasty is still playable. Broken would mean that while you're playing your dynasty the game freezes and you cant play it anymore.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #99
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Hmm.. Well, over 500 players with ratings 94 or above and Freshmen coming in as 80's..

Yeah, that will stop a game just as fast as a bug that freezes the game when I tackle a Rutgers player. It forces people to restart dynasties because of off the wall progression and player ratings. It makes unrealistic results in some dynasties and it can be said that it is actually progression and how it relates to team prestige that is actually screwing up the game.

We haven't even gotten to the fatigue/auto-sub issues yet that directly affect dynasty mode as well.. Not to mention all of the other bugs that got some love in the patch.

Yeah, dynasty mode.. If it isn't broken, it sure as hell is jury-rigged to limp along.. These cats can't even get the CPU QB to run the damn screen right yet!!! The real problem is that dynasty mode didn't need a major fix anyway. It just needed some tweaks since it has worked FINE every year before..

I think I know what broken means son...

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #100
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
you need to learn what broken is. Can you play dynasty? Yes. Is there a progression issue, apparently. But that doesnt mean the thing is broken. Dynasty is still playable. Broken would mean that while you're playing your dynasty the game freezes and you cant play it anymore.
So are fatigue and auto-subs not broken then? Yes the game doesn't freeze but to the same extent there are ZERO subs on defense... and RB's dissapear if your sliders are too high. That sounds pretty broken to me...
Old 08-26-2009, 03:43 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesCavs
He addressed this in another thread. He told them to fix it. They fixed it. He made sure that it was black in game and then didn't think about it again because he thought it was resolved. Somehow it got switched back to white after that. Yes this was unfortunate, but he explained what happened and apologized for it, which is why I am confident he will eventually answer our questions about the patch.

Besides, why in the world would they post a fix and then intentionally go back and break it, as you insinuate they did? Just because there have been issues with the game doesn't mean that EA is intentionally trying to destroy the game for people. That's just ridiculous.
Bama's masks are wrong also. they should be gray not white.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #102
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

*Cool voice guy* "E-A Sports.....at least it plays"
Old 08-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you all complain that much then dont buy the game.. ITS A GAME....

About the progression issues maybe I have them, maybe I dont but I am in season 4 of my dynasty and all the NC have been legit.. heck the top 10 has been legit all along...

I understand people saying that there are no D+ teams in the game, but if EVERY TEAM gets the progression jump, it really dosent matter.. is it perfect?? No .. but it still works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am more disgusted at the fact they didint fix fatigue.. although I still think that this that broken we have to play with sliders or something because the other day in the 4 quarter my back would get 3 carries come out and my backup one or 2 and then my starter went back in ... i have no idea why this happened but it was normal..

Another think that really ticks me off are the grey long sleeves.. they say they cant fix it but if you can change in the code that away teams use home team colors why cant you change that long sleeves are white and not grey?? Another thing wind does not work as years passed...

I am not suprised that they are asking questions now about progression, since that dev mentioned in a interview that "he didint know what we meant by presentation".

Either:

1. They are trying to get fired
2. They knew beforehand that they were gonna be replaced
3. They simply dont care

ANYWAYS... this is the best ncaa netx gen, you can actually play it so I am happy--

ps. Maybe if we increase the run block sliders we will begin to see more HBs as heisman candidates!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #104
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Well, seems the developers did not even LOOK at progression untill this week. Did Adam even tell them what he was talking to us about?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/290164.page

His post is 3rd from the bottom of the page
This is just silly. Russ seriously didn't know we have a 200 page thread about this? If Adam doesn't communicate with his co-workers, what is his objective here? I am now convinced that the only reason EA coomunicates with this board is for their sole benefit. They take what they need from this community and are not concerned with having a dialogue that would benefit both parties.

These type of tactics only work when one has a monopoly over the situation. And they don't work for long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »