Home

NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #41
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now)

After that I wonder does madden even need to do a chat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #42
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
Hopefully, EA will have to really do there homework this year on teams & player ratings. If they release a roster like they did last year its not gonna be good. Whose doing rosters anyway?

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #43
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
I do think Madden was quite a bit too slow last year. Here's an idea for speed. Make it like real life! Wait, no, stop laughing, I'm serious. I said stop laughing!! Seriously, take the fastest players 40 times and make the fastest guys run the 40 in the same time in the game! I know, weird, right?

Here's another doosy. Time how long it takes a bullet pass to go 10 yards, 15 yards, 20 yards. Yes, watch a video clip, time it out, and make a bullet pass take that long to travel that far. Make that the default speed, and the speed used for online play, then people can use the sliders for offline stuff if they want it faster or slower.

Madden last year felt much slower than real life, and bullet passes were the worst (though maybe I was just used to super bullet passes of NCAA.)
I should do an analysis my self on NCAA and Madden and see what the actual times really are.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #44
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

In the Madden chat they said their locomotion will be a bit different than NCAA as they are going for a stronger sim element. Not sure exactly what that means but if that means NCAA jukes, spins, and cuts are a little over the top then I will like the NCAA style better. Many of us loved the PS2 versions and you could pull off some great moves that were fun. This is an example of fun > sim.

While sim is important, sim isn't perfect and many times I see sim = snob. It's overused imo.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 20

^^^ Couldn't disagree more, I want the movement to be realistic and not be over the top. I really hope they implement locomotion right and don't over do it with defenders being made to look silly to often. Personally if locomotion worked similar to the momentum in the 2k games I would be very happy.

The whole point of implementing something like locomotion in the first place is to make the game more realistic, seems rather counter intuitive if offensive player movement were over the top. Besides great moves should be hard to pulloff and be rare, kinda kills the excitement if they happen to frequently.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 04-16-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #46
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

It all depends on how it's done. Many times I've heard people say they would rather have them err on the side of overly restrictive. I've heard people say make the deep ball too hard to complete if you can't get it right. Stuff like that. I want realism but if you can't get it just right, err on the side of fun.

Quite frankly, I would love it if they would actually offer an arcade and sim option that aren't related to the sliders. Arcade would mean more deep balls, bigger moves, etc. while sim would be the opposite.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #47
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
If nothing else, confirmation of a game speed slider was great news to come out of this chat.
the slider he's talking about is a "speed threshhold" slider.. it controls the gap between the slowest rated guys and the fastest rated guys. It allows you to customize that difference to your liking.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 04-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #48
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
the slider he's talking about is a "speed threshhold" slider.. it controls the gap between the slowest rated guys and the fastest rated guys. It allows you to customize that difference to your liking.
so you don't think they will have the game speed options or you just can't say

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »